Pie Menu Editor 1.18.1

here’s the simple menu since the 1st video requires another addon
my_pie_menus.json (1.2 KB)

another video proof :

it occurs randomly sometimes it works properly and sometimes not as you can see in the video timestamp 7sec it magically get fixed then it become broken again
i use shortcut key WW key

v2.91 this doesnt happen

hey @roaoao, now that you’re back, any chance you could respond to older messages (and emails)? I had an issue that I emailed you about.

As a temporal fix could change to a different popup dialog mode help?

You totally ROCK!!! Thanks so much.

thank you for suggestion
just reporting a bug to raorao , since i really like dialog mode over popup

Hi!
I think it the same bug I reported couple days ago, it is confirmed, waiting for fix…

1 Like

Hi @roaoao,

I bought PME 1.18 and installed in Blender 2.91.0. Playing around, I have seen an issue which is crashing Blender. Tried the following: enabled Debug Mode and clicked the menu Object. Immediately Blender crashed at this time.
Is this already known?
Cheers

No way, I’m using 2.93 and it’s fine, why don’t you try downloading the latest version or re-download the plugin?
不会吧,我使用的2.93都没事的,要不下载一个最新版本试一下,或是重新下载一下插件

I do not want to use Alpha or Beta releases of Blender during my work. I tested it with 2.92B and there it works. The issue seems only in 2.91.0

Getting this error when using pie menus in shader editor (seemed to start happening with a grouped node). Happens in 2.91.2 and daily builds.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\.\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\operators.py", line 2081, in invoke
    if not apm.executed:
  File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.91\2.91\scripts\modules\bpy_types.py", line 717, in __getattribute__
    properties = StructRNA.path_resolve(self, "properties")
ReferenceError: StructRNA of type WM_OT_pme_user_pie_menu_call has been removed

@roaoao
I found a BUG, when I set the shortcut key to be the same as the shortcut key in Blender itself, it becomes impossible to change. For example, the C key here, I set it to “Click Drag” but I found that it is invalid, but I found that in the Keymap it is still “Press” and not set to “Click Drag”, hopefully the problem will be solved

image image

我发现一个BUG,当我设置的快捷键和Blender自身的快捷键是同一个时,它会变得无法更改,就比如这里的C键,我设置为了 “Click Drag” 但是我发现会失效,但是我发现在 Keymap 中它还是"Press" 并没有设置为 “Click Drag” ,希望这个问题能解决

Is there a way to create a pop up that allows one to rename an object. For example, I’d like to make a button in the pop up menu that when pressed, a window would open up and ask for the name of the selected object. The user types in the name, hits enter and the name is then changed in the outliner. Not sure if there is even a way to accomplish this in python, let alone PME but thought it might be worth the ask.

Thanks

I feel like you might be talking about the F3 feature
Maybe it’s this
我感觉你说的可能是F3的功能
或许是这个

1 Like

That will work. Thanks. I had no idea that was even up there. Copied the command into the pop up window in PME and it works beautifully.

Does anyone have this bug? When using the macro lasso plus merge, which is activated in hotkey mode “click and drag” the mouse, the lasso does not behave correctly

This bug started with version 2.91 and higher

correct work

incorrect work

hello where i make a pie menu only appear in pose edit mode, only appears pose so i cant find such option Captura de pantalla 2021-02-08 024832

Great Addon, but I didn’t find where all the addon scripts are stored. Unfortunately, exporting doesn’t always work - a lot of items just aren’t exported. I would like to make a backup of the created items by copying them directly from folder, but I did not find where they are stored.

Thank you for this fantastic addon!! Are we allowed to share pie menu’s we created with other people and if so, how do we do that? The exported file is json file?

Thank you again!!

edit: there is a great youtuber making beginner tutorials on python, and it happens to cover the topic, check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJDgeA1qFVQ

there is a Draw Panel feature that one can pick a panel and put into a side panel, which saves a lot of time without going through each tab and scroll up and down looking for a property. is it possible to only pick certain properties and pack them into a side panel?

here is a mockup of pack some hair particle properties into a side panel

@roaoao In the most recent Blender master versions the addon seems to completely break.
Can you reproduce this?

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/guest/.config/blender/2.93/scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor/__init__.py", line 317, in modal
    on_context()
  File "/home/guest/.config/blender/2.93/scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor/__init__.py", line 237, in on_context
    register_module()
  File "/home/guest/.config/blender/2.93/scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor/__init__.py", line 137, in register_module
    bpy.utils.register_class(cls)
ValueError: register_class(...): already registered as a subclass 'PME_OT_panel_reset'

1 Like