Pie Menu Editor 1.18.2

Pie Menu Editor 1.18.2

What’s New:

• Fixed Panel Groups in Blender 2.93

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open Edit > Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install... button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
11 Likes

Hi, roaroao. I have a pie menu I saved and put on my SD card to transfer it to another computer. I had several copies of it and tried them all on my new computer and PME is saying it cannot read this Pie Menu, and I spent a LOT of time developing this pie menu and I don’t want to start over from the beginning, and I no longer have access to my old computer which means I need this current pie menu import to work ;(

Do you have an email I can send the Pie Menu .json file so you can take a look? I would post it here but I’m not yet sure what I want to do with it and so I’m not ready to share it.

By the way, thank you for literally the best addon for Blender (PERIOD).

I installed 1.18.2 into 2.92.0 and it seems to break the Pref > Keymap > sub key cascade open button. I uninstalled 1.18.2 and it worked. What is the correct version for 2.92.0? Gosh I dislike Gumroads listing of files. I puts the latest on the bottom.

What is the correct version for 2.92.0?

Capture

with a fresh install of 1.18.2 on 2.92.0 is this what I should see when Pressing `+ Shift + Ctrl

ha-ha, I said “But pie”

Hi @Phazor, you can send me a private message (click on my name - message) with the json file.

1 Like

Hi @MickHanks,

Yes, you should see that menu for pies and regular menus. I use a pie for editing popups because it closes when you select the button you want to edit. Popups stay open which is not what I want (there is a way to close them but this feature is not supported in Python API).

2 Likes

Thanks for your time, I should have asked this question. How do I get the “Preview” PIE menu example to work in the “3d View”? (pie color is just so you can see the example in the addon menu)

It’s a 50/50 chance when re-installing PME I will not be able to get my saved scripts too so as PIEs in any window but the Addons preview. What am I doing wrong, it’s an ongoing problem.

Sorry, I didn’t make myself clear.

Step 1) blender factory reset.
Step 2) When I RMB in any blender window I get the respective default menus.
Step 3) Unavtivate all preinstalled addons.
Step 4) Install PME 1.18.1 Blender 2.8.
step 5) Test RMB in all blender windows, Still works I get default the RMB menus.
Step 6) Activate PME.
Step 7) Test RMB in all blender windows, Still works I get the default RMB menus, and The PME default +ctrl+Shift shows a PIE great. Step 8) In the PME UI make RMB active in the PME Pie Menu example. Does not work, still get blender default menus. Step 9) test ""+ctrl+Shift It works I get a PIE menu in 3D view.
Step 10) Under PME Setting > Hotkeys > change to RMB.
Step 11) Broken now. In “ALL” the blender windows the default RMB menu is gone and replaced with (see pic 11).

Step 12) Reset hotkey to default “`”+ctrl+Shift will not work.
Step 13) Now only a PME remove will get back the default RMB menu.

So This is not how PME use to work. I could assign RMB and it would display whatever PIE I built to show under Object, Edit, Sculpt, Shader, and so on

How can I totally uninstall PME? I don’t see it in the Blender scripts folder.

Never mind, I was my fault. Something wrong with my .json. I went back a few backup and it works now, OMG it pays to version back up your .json. I’ve 85 backups and this is why I save a new one for every change I do to my setup. Thanks for your help.

Heya, Is there anyway to be able to alter a property in a pie menu (e.g. check box or slider) and have the pie stay open? preferably a way to set which ones confirm on release and which ones keep the pie open? thanks :smiley: