Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Yes, but why and where you prefer to use CLICK instead of PRESS?

Blender 2.80 has a new way to highlight buttons by using depress parameter ( Custom tab):

Vertex button:

L.operator("pme.exec", text=slot, icon=icon, icon_value=icon_value, depress=C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[0]).cmd = "C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode = (True, False, False)"

Edge button:

L.operator("pme.exec", text=slot, icon=icon, icon_value=icon_value, depress=C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode[1]).cmd = "C.tool_settings.mesh_select_mode = (False, True, False)"

No, afaik.

You mean like this?

1 Like

wow… thank you very much… so fast reply…

I need to call pie menu only if ‘press’ and immediate release (Right Mouse) and not when ‘hold or tweak’… blender is calling the same pie menu for ‘press, hold and tweak’…
I found a workaround (setting empty stackkey for ‘hold’ and ‘tweak’ stop it to call the ‘press pie menu’),
but if I have some blender keymap to Right Mouse ‘tweak’ or ‘hold’, it stops to work (with or without empty stackkey)

Yes, but for ‘DRAW’ not ‘CALL’ menu.
like the ‘expand popup dialog’, but for blender standard menus.

Yes, I understand. But why you need that release event?
PME has Confirm on Release option for pie menus. Have you tried to turn it off?

You can draw them it in Custom tab:

obj = lambda: None; obj.layout = L.box().column(align=True); bpy.types.VIEW3D_MT_edit_mesh_specials.draw(obj, C)

How to copy menu class name to the clipboard.

1 Like

This work great.

‘confirm on release’ don’t to give me what I need, but ok, I’ll implement tweak using pme editor.

thank you for all.

Blender 2.8 crashes when I try to launch my custom pie menu when I am in full screen mode. i’m using v 1.15.14. Is it a bug? I use custom shortkey CTRL+right click.

Hi roaoao !

Love the pie menu editor!
Though I wonder if there’s a way for referencing filepath-keywords in the execute_script command? like %AppData%

example:
execute_script("%AppData%/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.79/scripts/custom_Scripts/SmartDelete.py")

Unfortunately this example wont work. Does anyone know a better way of reaching %appdata% without statically typing out the path?

Thanks in advance!

Try to use expandvars function:

execute_script(os.path.expandvars("%AppData%/Blender Foundation/Blender/2.79/scripts/custom_Scripts/SmartDelete.py"))
2 Likes

Hi, please export and send me the pie.

my_pie_menus_2.8.json (23.7 KB)

There,

You are my favorite human for today! :*

I’m looking to have property drop down for what image the ‘image texture’ node uses in the node editor. Is this possible? I’m in 2.8 btw.

Also when I use “panel(‘EEVEE_MATERIAL_PT_context_material’, frame=True, header=True, expand=None, area=‘PROPERTIES’)” in a popup dialog the ‘New’ Button creates a material but does not assign it to the object, which differs from how the default panel works.

Thanks.

Hi, I’m trying to move to version 2.8, and many things don’t work. This is feature 2.8 or pme can’t reproduce settings from version 2.79? For vertex/edge/face use mouse wheel and ctrl for expend, shift for extend, but cant reproduce it in 2.8. Trying to add pivot points(median/individual and etc) to pie menu and they can’t be added. Use macro for lasso select and occlude geometry for rmb and drag but its dont work in 2.8. Cant reproduce macros with lasso select, similar how you show in tutorial for dissolve vertex, or lasso can be used only on lmb?

@roaoao Did you ever think about the proposal I’m quoting below? It’s my most-wanted tool :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, this feature would definitely be a great addition. I had a chance to work with Nvil/ Voidworld.
Its amazing how simple the moving along axis using “smart” way can be. Just press a button and it snaps to the axis in the direction you move the mouse/pen. Since moving, rotating and scaling are the most frequently used actions there is a huge potential in time-saving and “smart” modelling.
@roaoao By the way thanks for the Pie Menu Editor addon. Its amazing tool!!!

1 Like

@roaoao
Additionally, I was wondering if it’d be possible to automatically assign custom icons when they’re present? Textools for instance has custom icons for all its tools, but when I rightclick one and add it to my menu, it doesn’t copy over the icon…

Don’t know how and where you want to use it. Here is a couple of hints. Works in Shader editor area:
Property tab:

C.space_data.node_tree.nodes['Image Texture'].image

Custom tab:

L.template_ID(C.space_data.node_tree.nodes['Image Texture'], "image", new="image.new", open="image.open")

Yep, unfortunately some panels/widgets are not designed for popups.

PME uses same settings for both Blender 2.79 and 2.80. Check Python API changes.

One of the API changes. Try to remove extend=True in Lasso Select slot (2nd slot):

bpy.ops.view3d.select_lasso()

Yes, this is a good feature and I think it can be implemented as an add-on.
Can you show me some usage example? On youtube for example.

1 Like