Pie Menu Editor 1.18.6

Will be fixed in the next version. Will release it today.

2 Likes

Hi @Zelfor,
You can try this code:
Line1 (Command tab:)

ts = C.scene.tool_settings; pp = ts.transform_pivot_point; ts.transform_pivot_point = 'ACTIVE_ELEMENT'

Line3 (Command tab):

ts.transform_pivot_point = pp

But unfortunately 3rd line won’t be executed if you cancel the resize tool.
Will add some tool to achieve what you want in the next version.

1 Like

Thank you!
I’m glad you answered and understood my question!
(I’m from Brazil) I used Google Translate.
Soon I’ll post the result!
Once again thank you very much
And thanks for creating this Add-On!

Eureka!, Eureca!, Heureka!

@Zelfor,
This code works in any cases. And you don’t need to create a macro for it. You can use it in any menu (Command tab):

ts = C.scene.tool_settings; pp = ts.transform_pivot_point; ts.transform_pivot_point = 'ACTIVE_ELEMENT'; bpy.ops.pme.timeout(cmd="C.scene.tool_settings.transform_pivot_point = '%s'" % pp); bpy.ops.transform.resize('INVOKE_DEFAULT', True)
3 Likes

Added Pie Menu Editor to my top Blender add-on list:

2 Likes

Hi Thanks Roaoao
Idea/suggestion: have you ever think about creating an operator that could draw the pie menu editor in a panel ?
The thing is I don’t like to use a floating preferences window or a popup when I’m working on pies or menus edition. because they loose the focus as soon as you do the testing of your menus and it is boring. Because of that I toggle a side area (preference) to have it always under the hand. I adjust the setting then do the test back and forth very quickly.
The “problem” (because it is not really one) when I start blender and want to work on pies edition I have to toggle a side area, then search for the addon, open it, enlarge the window, hide the left panel of preferences.That’s not very convenient
I would like to have a quick way to access the pie menu editor but in a way that it is still accessible when doing the tests. So this idea cames up: An operator that could toggle draw the editor in a panel of the 3D view. Like that you could just call the panel and enlarge it!

What are you thinking guys are you facing this boring thing ? any proposal to have a better workflow ?

Appreciate your time, @Metin_Seven. Thanks for the review.

2 Likes

Hi @StroBlend,
PME already has such an operator:

pme_popup_addon_preferences

Command tab:

bpy.ops.pme.popup_addon_preferences(addon='pie_menu_editor', center=True)
2 Likes

Pie Menu Editor 1.17.1

What’s New:

• New backup folder (scripts/addons/pie_menu_editor_data/backups)
  • Support keymaps with commas
  • Bug Fixes

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open User Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install Add-on from File button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.

Try this code (PME 1.17.1 Command tab):

bpy.ops.pme.sidearea_toggle(area='PROPERTIES', ignore_areas='UV,ShaderNodeTree', side='RIGHT', action='TOGGLE', main_area='VIEW_3D', width=320)
4 Likes

I’ve tired this but if I already have a Properties Panel up, then pop up a UV or Shader Editor window after, then remove the Properties Panel again, it will create a new one in the View3D, and if I try another UV or Shader Editor window again, it starts to get confused…

Updated to latest version also.

For now I just have to make sure to close the second windows first, then first one after.

Thank you for the updates and your constant support. I was wondering if its posible to add this menus to a pie menu.

I cant find what is the code to use them.

1 Like

I hope someone can help me out realizing this with PME:

I want to create a macro operator that does the following:

1. In Object Mode, add a Single Vertex (from the Mesh: Extra Objects add-on), or add a Plane, switch to Edit Mode and Merge the vertices to the center.
  2. Add a Skin modifier.
  3. Switch off the X Symmetry in the Skin modifier.
  4. Add a Subdivision modifier.
  5. Set the Subdivision modifier Viewport subdivisions to 2.
  6. Set the Subdivision modifier Quality to 6.

I performed the operations, copied the Python commands from the Info window to PME macro entries, but I keep getting errors when I run the macro. The only things I manage to get working are adding a plane object and adding a modifier, but not the other operations.

I am undoubtedly doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

1 Like

I know about the popup :wink:

Thanks for the update!
Have you added this option in the latest version?

Please export and pm me this menu.

2 Likes

Yes. Try this: Turn on Interactive Panels, open one of those menus, press red button PME Panel Tools -> Add as Popover to ...

3 Likes

Try to add these slots:

1. bpy.ops.mesh.primitive_vert_add('EXEC_DEFAULT', True)
  2. bpy.ops.object.modifier_add('EXEC_DEFAULT', True, type='SKIN')
  3. C.object.modifiers[-1].use_x_symmetry = False
  4. bpy.ops.object.modifier_add('EXEC_DEFAULT', True, type='SUBSURF')
  5. C.object.modifiers[-1].levels = 2
  6. C.object.modifiers[-1].quality = 6

Adding 'EXEC_DEFAULT', True allows to skip context checking for context sensitive operators.

4 Likes

It works, many thanks @roaoao!

I can’t emphasize enough how much I love Pie Menu Editor. It is radically improving my workflow. :+1::+1:

1 Like

I’m going to buy this based on that review :laughing:

1 Like