Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

@roaoao Hi! First of all, thank for this great addon! It really brings a lot of joy as how easy it is to use. And especially the macro operators. Brilliant!

However, I can’t get PME to work in the latest alpha builds as well. Didn’t had any problems with alpha builds last week.
I get this error any time I trigger a PME menu

Blockquote
Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.93\scripts\addons\pie_menu_editor\operators.py”, line 2020, in invoke
if self.pie_menu_name not in pr.pie_menus:
AttributeError: ‘PMEPreferences’ object has no attribute ‘pie_menus’

Do you know a workaround, of a quick fix, maybe?
Thanks in advance!

Indeed having same issue too.

Hey @roaoao ,
I got an idea for improvement, maybe it could be useful not only for me.
Assigning a hotkey to a button, you can use modifiers like ctrl, shitf, etc. Would it be possible to make such button work with your keyboard buttons ctrl, shift, etc?
For example, you set a ‘P’ hotkey with no modifiers.
When you click this button with a ‘ctrl’ pressed on a keyboard you get the ‘Set Parent’ dialog.
When you click this button with a ‘alt’ pressed on a keyboard you get the ‘Clear Parent’ dialog.

Working in the latest 2.93 alpha build now… (Feb 25th b5d39f9b469e)

*Edit:

Actually, small issue, menus and pies are working but nothing shows in the addon section it self to edit or add new ones.

Yup broken in the latest 2.93 alpha, all my custom context menus are gone and nothing shows up in the addon part:

this behaviour lasts from like feb 16-th or so.
i think it is crucial to release a hotfix or something, @roaoao

Hi, is it possible to ‘theme’ pie menu elements? Ever since 2.8 all my pies are grey in grey, usually displayed over a light grey shaded model in a dark grey viewport. :face_with_monocle:

Any way to get some color in there? Bright or thick borders surrounding elements - anything to make them stand out a little better? This used to be not such a problem with the 2.7x interface.

I went through the Blender theme editor but could not find the right color swatch - perhaps that’s all that is needed though.

1 Like

Hopefully he can release a update soon, but he does also have a personal life, and that always comes first, best we can do is wait patiently and use the 2.92 stable release that works fine.

Same bug here. I know @roaoao must be busy and I’m eternally thankfull for this addon, but I wonder if it’d be possible to have some of the more Blender “native” features such as pies and and edited menus be “baked” inside Blender in a way that if the addon breaks we can still access them (I’m sure lots of the features still require the addon to be working).

1 Like

Pie menus colors are from the theme color scheme. You can tweak your overall colors from there

I don’t get any change in PME when changing blenders Preference/Theme/UserInterface/PieMenu

I’ve asked many time over the years for attention to PME button appearance. Doesn’t seem to be any interest to improve or add settings. You ma have to add your own scripts with in PME. I like what Machine3, HOps, Fluent, Cedric do with there UI’s. He maybe limited with in Blenders framework to provide color, size or spacing. I do agree I would like to have a contrasting Pie colors.

1 Like

It depends on the type of menu you made, since pie menu just takes different pieces/options and puts them in the same place the colors are all over the place in the user interface, you have to try every option.

Is not intuitive at all and changing the colors might affect the default ui but it can be done if you brute force it

example:

2 Likes

Great stuff, much appreciated. Editing ‘Regular’ and ‘Tool’ inner and outline values gives a satisfying result for me. It does alter the overall look a bit but at least now the pie menus stand out again like they used to in 2.7 :slight_smile:

Pie Menu Editor 1.18.1

Really sorry for the silence guys.
Going back to work on my add-ons.

What’s New:

• Blender 2.93 Alpha Support

How to Update:

• Backup your pie menus using Export button (optional).
  • Open Edit > Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install... button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
23 Likes

Thank you very much! :)))

Working great! Thx a lot and don’t worry about the delay. Addon devs shouldn’t feel too pressured to keep up with development versions, specially alpha ones.

1 Like

Did something change with Popup dialogues? I can’t seem to split buttons anymore, just add rows.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I’m using 1.8.1 in Blender 2.92

I’m in the same version and it seems to work fine tbh, the only change I see is that instead of “Add item” it says “Add Slot”

Thanski for the reply. Should be here right?