Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Pie Menu Editor 1.18.7

Thanks @Michael_Knubben and @Pluglug.
I’ll check other bug reports and fix the issues in the next version.

What’s New in 1.18.7

How to Update

• Backup your pie menus using Export button.
  • Open Preferences.
  • Go to the Add-Ons tab.
  • Click Install button, navigate to the file you downloaded and install it.
  • Restart Blender.
24 Likes

Welcome back @roaoao :tada:!!
& Thanks to @Pluglug for assisting in the updates.

6 Likes

Glad to see you back @roaoao ::
Thank you for new update!

1 Like

Really great to see @roaoao back again!! I’ve kept Blender on v3.1 because I didn’t want to lose PME functionality that I needed. I’ll keep watching here! I have to try that new version too.

I just tried PME 1.18.7 with Blender 3.5 and context menus are still totally busted, so I’m going back to Blender 3.1 for a while.

Strange strory, man. I moved to 3.4 on previous pme version without any issue. I need to mention that my pme setup is really huge. So maybe the problem is on your side. Try to recreate this menu item.

My specific use case is editing existing context menus, which very few PME users seem to use. Whenever people tell me that it works fine for them it’s always with their own separate popups, but I rely mostly on adding stuff to context menus.

there are some - all work as expected…

I’m also having the weird Label issues with menus created with pme and then nested in other menus/pie menues created in pme. I’ve attached my pie menu backup for reference. In this case the “Mesh Editing” pie that has custom extrude, split/seperate, and shading menus nested within the pie menu displays broken labels on the pie menu when called.
my_pie_menus.json (14.3 KB)

1 Like

Please find me reporting that issue to roaoao. And it is still unresolved. But roaoao says "fix the issues in the next version. So you can rest assured and just wait.

i add “popup dailog” in “pie menu”, but popup dailog Does not show the title, how to add code to show the title. thanks

@roaoao

The situation must be fundamentally different between the case where a popup is called by itself and the case where it is displayed in a Pie menu.

If you use panel(), the title of the panel will be displayed in the Pie menu, but it must be a panel with a panel ID (not a popup).

There is an easier way than pursuing how to create a panel. Try using labels as I have shown in the image. Perhaps you will be satisfied with this.

1 Like

thanks to replay,But how can I use a label or panel to draw a list of buttons with 3x2 options, like my previous popup dialog?

Test_Pop.json (1.4 KB)
Is this what you want?

2 Likes

When the Line Width is set to ‘Thick’ (Preferences->Interface->Line Width), the Toggle Side Area function doesn’t work properly. Instead of hiding the side areas, it creates new ones. However, when Line Width is set to ‘Thin’ or ‘Default’, it works fine. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thank you very much.

Incredible, epic event!
Thank God, roaoao you are with us! Now we can think about Blender updates.

1 Like

Hi @roaoao. I hope you’re doing well! I’ve just joined a studio and we’re investigating the possibility of using your addon in production. Could you let me know what license the addon is released as so that we can assess any legal risks and figure out costing?

Up until now I’ve used the addon purely as an individual for personal work but using it commercially is new territory. Please reach out and let me know!

Thanks
Jac

CamS2.py (1.7 KB)
Above is the complete code
Below is my part of the code that I want to use PME call class “cam.0v0” But it fails, please to tell me how can I Modify the code? @roaoao @Pluglug

i can use search to call these class But not with PME to call

class Cam_Base(bpy.types.Operator):
    bl_idname = "cam.base"
    bl_label = "Cam Base"
    cam_name = "C_"

def execute(self, context):
        C = bpy.context

# lock cam
        bpy.context.object.lock_scale = (True, True, True)
        bpy.context.object.lock_rotation = (True, True, True)
        bpy.context.object.lock_location = (True, True, True)

# select cam
        bpy.context.space_data.camera = bpy.data.objects[self.cam_name]

# Select Active Cam
        for area in C.screen.areas:
            if area.type == 'VIEW_3D':
                A = C.area.spaces.active.camera

bpy.context.scene.camera = bpy.data.objects[A.name]
        return {'FINISHED'}

class Cam_0V0(Cam_Base):
    bl_idname = "cam.0v0"
    bl_label = "Cam_0V0"
    cam_name = "C_0V0"

Python identifiers cannot start with a number.
Testing in the Blender console will tell you why.
(Running it from menu search seems to work, but this is nothing short of miraculous.)

>>> bpy.ops.cam.0v0()
  File "<blender_console>", line 1
    bpy.ops.cam.0v0()
                ^
SyntaxError: invalid decimal literal

Try changing the bl_idname of the subclass that inherits from Cam_Base to something like “cam.s0v0”.