pipeMARE [0.3.33]

Here works great! All parameters are OK.

Blender 2.8 (release 10/01/2019)

hope this helps.

1 Like

Not workā€¦I sadā€¦

sheesh. that cursor_location to cusor.location drives me nuts

i updated pipenigthmare so that it works with the cursor.location change pipenightmare.zip (6.8 KB)

3 Likes

Thank You, all works!

Just downloaded this for the first time to give it a spin. Soon found out that I can reliably hang Blender by dialing Min Thickness up to 0.14.

Addon: version posted here 3/16 (with fix for cursor_location).
Blender 2.80: nightly, #d5cb425b8745 2019-03-28 17:29
GTX 2070, Windows 10

Cheers.

same, no idea why it happens, i wont fix it though someone else can do that, it would probably take a loot of time to fix since im not familiar with the code.

Ah, yes, sorry 'bout that. Assumed you owned it but thatā€™s not right. Itā€™s a bad bug but, fortunately, pretty avoidable. (If I had to guess Iā€™d say itā€™s either an easy fix in the addon code or itā€™s a nasty Blender bug. Either way just leaving my post as an FYI.)

Cheers

Thanks again Syler for updating, I am going to let this one go, as we have been discussing a more robust solution in hardops/bc/kitops for some time.

@B_Layer The crash is not an easy fix, this tool would need a rewrite to get it in the right direction.

Sure. ā€œEasyā€, as I mentioned, was just a guess. (Iā€™ve been a sw dev for a long time and while I have good hunches about these things Iā€™m hardly batting a thousand. :wink: )

1 Like

I must have misread the problem you had, preventing a crash for the min slider is a simple check.

Updated the addon for blender 2.80+.
Download

2 Likes

proxe does this last version work in 2.80 as well? Thanks

Tested with official 2.80 and the latest on buildbot.

1 Like

My credibillity has been restored! :wink:

2 Likes

Just saw this and was immediately reminded of Procedural Assets from Houdini in Unreal Engine 4.
I know this is far beyond the scope of the plugin as it is now, but the Idea of procedural modeling intrigues meā€¦In this video starting around 9:53 it shows the assets being used in Unreal. Perhaps later on you could implement some of the features in this or perhaps a brand new add-on!
Thanks for sharing this! Video Here

Sorcar should be of interest to you. Sorcar (formerly ProcGenMod) - Procedural modeling in Blender using Node Editor

1 Like

This is a nice script @proxe, thanks!
I am really really longing to see the next updates.

Todo

• Add pipe decoration percentage (some pipes have decoration meshes along their paths)
  • Allow custom objects for decorations

I do hope that you will add an option to add decorations onto pipes
Hense these feature requests:

1- It would be cool to have an option to add VALVES (which ones and the amount of those) :

2- And PIPE JUNCTION JOINTS :

3- PIPE CLAMPS :

4- PRESSURE GAUGES :

Maybe for these options, the addon could feature pre-made models (for decoration) to add onto the pipes? But of course, being able to use our own custom objects (valves, joints, gauges, pipe clamps, pipe holdersā€¦) would be great too.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT :

• Addon Updates (check if there is a update available, download it & install)

For your addon updates, maybe you can use CGCookieā€™s Blender Addon Updater:

Indeed the custom shapes would be highly similar to this, still need to think out a few systems and UI interaction for this tool.

For the updater there is a rather simple solution i have always wanted to deploy, prototyped it several times but have never shipped it.

1 Like