Pistol - Low Poly BGE Object (Large Images)

Very nice texture job, I’m not sure if you were trying to model the Walther PPK but, if you were going for a realistic approach there is a few problems. As said before, some of the modeling is a little off but overall it looks great.

I’d like to see it textured but without the sub surf applied. Modifiers cripple the framerate

Hi there!

I like the pistol - the model, the textures, the lighting, EVERYTHING! :yes:

Excuse me padfoot, but I just cant believe it is made on the presented low-poly model with sub-surfing @ level 2… :no: I’ve been working for some time on low-polys with sub-surf and I know - at least at my model this is the fact - that box-shaped objects or parts of objects get well rounded at each side/edge so much that if you want to specially stress that certain edges is NOT so-that-rounded in reality, you’d need to duplicate edge’s verts closely to the original edge. It is NOT seen on the model presented!!! Also - there is a well shaped nail-head structure clearly seen to be well above the other face(s) but it is NOT seen in the low-poly model too! :rolleyes: There are too much details that reflect the light from different angles of view DIFFERENTLY which is GOOD but which means the surface there is NOT just a single plane… I think this can be achieved by a height map but this ALWAYS requires a highly-subdivided surface… At least I am not aware of another method… :eek:

Therefore, I’d be interested to learn how-to achieve THIS with a low-poly model. I’d be thankful on more and specific explanations or a .blend file.

Regards,

You achieve all that with a normal map (usually baked from a high poly model)
The above paragraph hurt my head to read :frowning:

Mark edge sharps, Shift + E, Do not presume to know all there is to blender. It is so complex that there are very few people who do.

Attachments

how did u get the hdr reflection? I wanna make a sphere reflection map … for my scenes =D
geometry= normal +geometry=view ++ multiplie fact 1.00 ?(sphere map like :frowning: )

Well, I have never pretented that I know EVERYTHING in Blender… That’s why Im asking some questions here. :wink:

You all say what-ever technique you have in mind is achievable with high-poly model… That’s basically, what I was saying too… Just wanted some info from the author on that and if it is possible with low-poly models - to learn how THIS works and how to possibly use it myself… Especially for the handles… No need to blame me that I want to learn that, right?? :eek:

Sorry, my English is not perfect, but I have seen even worst examples which were never criticised… I think we’re here to exchanging ideas on some art techniques, not on a grammar contest… Or I am mistaken??? :eek:

Regards,

I still can’t get over the fact how bad the nose of the PPK looks. It may be the skin or the geometry that makes it look so bad in the render.

looks as realy iron! seams it has own battle history

that is an awesome gun, how long did it take

padfoot7726, that’s awesome work! I wish you’d write a tutorial on how you did the texturing, though. :slight_smile:

@brankovukelic I would hazard a guess here and say its ‘projection painting’ the are plenty tutorials on this on the net. I am in two worlds with this pistol the lighting and texturing work is really good, but the modelling leaves much to be desired. Its really bumpy for a gun. Guns are made out of machined parts so those surfaces should be smooth and accurate it shouldn’t look like its been panel beaten.

Orchidface comment was verly long to read lol. I don’t really care what he says (Yes i did read it) but your gun is Terrific. Never seen a gun so realistic. I have to say that you have a great chance to become whatever it is you want to become, basically your career. 10/10 for effort:)

Love the entire thing absolutely amazing work however the gun barrel is a bit squarish

Attachments

Very nice work!!! As mentioned before, it is not perfect (like a sqarish barrel, etc.) but definitely looks amazing! The metal looks like it’s been to war… Very good!

That’s where you’ve cut a giant obtrusive seem for the UVs.

Discount Oil Paintings

this going to appear in a game? .blend file available under cc-by-sa? or some similar variant?

thats freaking awesome.Did u use hdr for the lightning ??

Great texturing, it looks as real as it can get. Excellent work.

Simply Amazing.