Pistol

Hey everyone! I modeled this a while back, but didn’t think I’de get back to it. So I decided to work a bit on the compositing and upload. It’s far from perfect, but please feel free to let me know what you think.

A higher resolution is available at my deviantart.

http://joaoyates.deviantart.com/art/Pistol-324119331

Thanks!

Very well done!
But if you were aiming for realism it’s too glossy :slight_smile:
Anyway i love it.Would make for a great game.

The texturing, and modelling are quite nice. Only issue I have with it is the lighting is a little bland, and it doesn’t really seem to resemble any actual pistol. You seem to of taken a bit from an H&K design, but you’ve changed a few things. References mean all the difference in the world when it comes to nailing a certain look of a firearm.

Still, I like it. :slight_smile:

The model is freaking awesome! Did you use a reference photo or model it yourself?

I was thinking more along the lines of a Makarov.

Reminds me a lot of the older HK handguns.

Very nice, as always. However, the grips seem a little too shiny, and both the grips and wood could use some bump maps.

The modeling is excellent. Two things that I would now address are the texture of the metal … it needs to have “texture” … and then, pure photographic-lighting techniques (color, angle, white-box vs. spot flash, lighting color-temperatures, color timing, and so on and on and on) to help maximize this photograph, literally as though it actually were a photograph.

For what it’s worth, IMHO, with regard to all of the latter set of considerations, it really makes no fundamental difference how the image in question was produced: there are identical considerations to be dealt with in both worlds, even though the underlying technologies are of course incomparable. The target (video, printed page) becomes the ruling consideration at this point in the process. Plus, “the pistol is now The Product.™” (Tah dahhhh… hey, they’re payin’ the bills!) You want to make it look like “an irresistible pistol.”