PixaFlux - PBR Texture Composer - Open Beta Testing

Yes i try this, and the result looks good ! It is better, if you can combine the steps and make it to a new node … PixaFlux can not support custom node custom input right now, so once i need this ,i need do it again and again .

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2017-09-17).

In this release we’re introducing the Common Tiles node, which generates seamless tile textures from multiple image inputs.

https://i.imgur.com/f209GxU.gif

We’ve also uploaded a new Common Tiles video tutorial to YouTube:

Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions here or in our new PixaFlux Freshdesk support page.
Thank you!
PixaFlux

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2017-12-12).

In this release we’re introducing the Zig Zag Tiles node, which generates seamless zig zag tile textures from multiple image inputs.

https://i.imgur.com/PPxsbgS.gif

We’ve also uploaded a new Common Tiles video tutorial to YouTube:

We’re also announcing our first contest: PBR Texturing with PixaFlux. You can participate for a chance to win US$100.oo.

Please let us know if you have any comments, questions or suggestions here or in our new PixaFlux Freshdesk support page.

Thank you!
PixaFlux

Interesting… now let see where it takes me :rocket:

Hey @pixaeiro just a heads up there’s a crash that I’ve identified on three seperate computers. Clicking New Project -> PBR Texture Composition crashes after clicking “Ok”

Thank you Dynasoul, I’ll log that bug and get it fixed for the next release!

Hello,

There is a new PixaFlux release (2019-02-02).

Since the last time I posted on this forum we have implemented a ton of stuff:

Major New Feature

• Custom reusable nodes. Create your own nodes.

New Features

• Support for Mikktspace uv tangents and binormals
  • Save TIFF and PNG 16 bits per channel images
  • Support for Fbx 3d models with hierarchy
  • Support for Obj files with more than one object
  • Improved Mesh Surface Curvature
  • Improved Normal Curvature
  • Gradient nodes support images as gradients.
  • Attributes are inputs and can be shared between nodes.

New Nodes

• Blobs Noise node
  • Distance image node
  • Value Clamp node
  • Blobs 3D Texture node
  • Greeble 3D Texture node
  • Point Sample Image node.
  • Curve Sample Image node.
  • Mesh Hard Edges node.
  • New Boolean, Point and Rgbo math nodes.
  • New Node values: boolean, number, point, frame, rgbo, string, image, texture, curves.
  • Mathematics and Geometry nodes.

These are a few images rendered with the new curvature node release:

And this is a new tutorial for sculpting normals with the new Distance node:

Render_50

Thank you everybody for your support!

2 Likes

Looks good.

At the rate it is going, it could be a great alternative for those mourning the end of Allegorithmic as an independent company. If you ever decide to go commercial, having perpetual licenses with a price similar to that of Photoline or Affinity Photo would be a great deal that is also friendly to indies and hobbyists.

Just a heads up guys, Pixaflux has been updated. Thanks @pixaeiro for the fixes and new features. http://www.pixaflux.com/download.php

1 Like

Hello guys,

Great and marvellous work it seems.
Unfortunely, I still can’t try it as I only work on linux workstation and refuse the use of wine which remains a concession to windows.
Still waiting for a .deb or a flatpak…

Pleaaaaaaase…

Earlier versions run well with “wine” here seem to be newer DLLs that “wine” does not yet know. I find the functions of the app for a free beta (for years) very cool. Only the surface needs getting used to. The main reason why I don’t use the app is: It has no “dark theme”. This is absolutely unbelievable these days for graphic apps.

Great work, mate. The paint node. Is it resolution independent or raster based?

Hello melvi,

The paint node is raster-based. You can change the size of the image at any time or combine it with other nodes to use multi-resolution by composition.

1 Like

Thank you everybody for your interest in PixaFlux!

In this past year, we’ve added a lot of new tools and nodes, and we’ve updated many operations and fixed a few bugs here and there:

• Vulkan support for taster image operations.
  • Distort, Warp, and Image Sampler nodes.
  • Tile generation nodes.
  • Poisson Noise node.
  • Procedural shape images.
  • Mesh Blur node.

Actually, the list is too long, so please download the latest version and visit or wiki or YouTube channel for more information about the new features.

We’ve also uploaded new video tutorials:

Please let us know what features or tools would you like to see implemented in PixaFlux!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info pixaeiro,
Keep it up, mate. Congrats on the latest realease.

I am trying the newest version. It keeps crashing, refuses to open. Does this work with RTX cards? Thanks.
EDIT- Older versions doesn’t work. Last known version that seems to open fine without crashing from the version release history here is
2020 03 22 - Revision 0.0.0.3238

Seems the vulkan engine was incorporated into the next release moving forward. Do I need to install vulkan sdk or something like that?

Hello!

Yes, Vulkan was added a few versions ago, but all its execution should be behind the supported and enabled flags. In other words, if not supported or not enabled, it should use the CPU engine, or render black in some cases. However, we recently fixed a bug where Vulkan was crashing executing some initialization operations, so it’s possible that there is another bug during initialization.

Could you please check the log files:
C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Local\Mankua Software\PixaFlux\PixaFlux_0.log
Here we can see if it’s initializing OpenCL and Vulkan correctly, or failing during initialization.

Thank you for trying PixaFlux!

1 Like

Sent the crash reports. Thanks for looking into it.

Noticed the latest version has been released. Works fine now. Testing it out.

Hi pixaeiro, Is this possible in pixaflux? Noticed there is a bleed node but it doesn’t create a gradient.