Pixar RenderMan for Blender!

Great, thanks. :slight_smile:

What have you done with PRMan 20.8… it seems much faster… woouu :eek:!

Release notes are here for PRMan 20.8
https://renderman.pixar.com/resources/current/RenderMan/rnotes-20.8.html#welcome-to-rps-20-8

There might be some speed enhancements in volumes but that should be about it. The IPR render in blender should feel faster too.

Also I should note for Windows users, you NEED to upgrade to PRMan 20.8 if you want to use Blender 2.77 due to the upgrade to python 3.5

Whoa, whatever you did really did the trick. Super responsive now.

Spent the past couple of days playing with Renderman. Awesome stuff. Sure, Blender has crashed a couple of times, but by keeping “IT” open I’ve found the whole process to be very stable.

Really digging the physical camera abilities. Capturing chromatic aberrations and depth of field in-raw-render is great!

Keep up the work. Can’t wait until it renders directly within the Blender UI!

Has anyone used particles with this? not really sure where to start in blender!

EDIT: to clarify has anyone found a way to use particle data like particle age or size etc iin material nodes to control shading etc?

Had to fix one issue in the particle primvar (you can get latest from github) but basically this is what you want to do

particle_age.blend (742 KB)

Attachments

Ahh excellent! thanks!

Hi all. I understand that there is no button to bake at the moment, and whether it will work in the future without dancing with a tambourine? As in Maya?

Future work. RenderMan 21 will have more baking features.

125 frames rendered out @ 8 - 10 mins per frame on average…

@bsavery, respect for Your wonderful work. Thanks for answer.

I agree, the man is a legend!

Hi!

Is the last version of the exporter (0.8) working with blender 2.77a? It works fine with the 2.76, but with the 2.77 I get an error when I try to activate the plugin.

has anyone tried rendering smoke?

No, but once I tried to smoke my render, when I was very high…^^

You can render smoke. Bake out your simulation and add a PxrVolume material to the smoke domain. In the material node, type ‘density’ into the box for ‘density float primvar’. Render and presto, smoke. Altering the density (i.e. making it thicker or darker) is a bit more advanced but this should get you a starting point.

Be aware that high resolution smoke takes a long time to export so it may look like Blender has frozen up.

Quick(ish) overview of upcoming ui changes for .9

and the changelist
https://github.com/bsavery/PRMan-for-Blender/blob/devel/changelog.txt

Nice stuff!! Thanks for the great work you are doing!

Great job !

Didn’t play with it since last time, too much work, but this is really nice, well done :wink:

Very nice indeed! :slight_smile: