Plagarus Redo

Hey all,

Well, it’s been a little while since I posted here. Life and all that. I’m trying to get out of the CAD job I’ve been working at for the past few years, and now I’m getting back into CG hopefully full time. Just finished some projects I can’t talk about yet, because they haven’t been released, yet, but here is a personal project I’ve been tackling to improve my own skills. :slight_smile:

I started a small project right after Cycles was released back all those years ago, but never quite could finish it. Now, I’m going back and completely redoing it with new tools and the amazing improvements that Blender has had in the past few years.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/eJAwoP

23 Likes

This is a really nice environment, it has a big sense of scale that’s often missing in scenes like this (a lot of the time they look like miniatures). Nice work here!

1 Like

Thank you! Usually, a simple atmospheric haze effect tends to convey the scale effectively enough.

Dan

2 Likes

Dan, it’s nice to have you back! Though I was only observing here at the time, your Giant Spaceship thread was one of my biggest sources for inspiration and information when I first decided to learn Blender. Looking forward to future updates!

2 Likes

You remember the GSST!? :smiling_face_with_tear:

That was a great thread. :slight_smile:

Absolutely! I had just downloaded Blender for the first time, then proceeded to google “Blender Spaceships” and the thread popped right up. That’s actually how I initially found the BA forums as well. I followed every post and consequently learned quite a bit!

1 Like

That’s cool—you’re back.! :+1:
The spaceship interiors were great, can’t wait to see new stuff !

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Welcome back @JDaniels

I was a lurker on your Spaceship posts in the past. Great work then and even better work now!

Randy

1 Like

Thanks Bart!!! :slight_smile: I’ve missed this place!

2 Likes

Is it just me or is that the Halo from The Clone Wars?