Playful

I started this project by referencing this image. But once I got more ideas on how things should look, I’d drift away from the reference and start doing things I have in mind.

One of the cats in the focus is Luna that I introduced in the previous project. I’m still thinking a name for the orange one maybe you guys can come up with it.

Here’s a quick clay render.

This is before and after post processing in Photoshop.

As always, I have added 3 hidden animals in here. They do not include the cats in the foreground and the butterflies. I have attached an image that reveals all of them in the comments. Let me know how many you found and what was the hardest to find.

Cheers!

My socials: https://lynkfire.com/louixlin

40 Likes
Reveal Easter Eggs

3 Likes

Took a while, but I found all 3. Can’t say for sure which was the hardest to find, but I feel like the rabbit was the easiest, and both the chicken and squirrel took me ages (it took me longer to find the former, though. And for the first time ever I had to double-check using the clay render to confirm it was a chicken and not suggestive shrubbery :rofl::rofl:)

On the topic of naming the ginger cat…I’m not a cat person, but you could name the cat “Javier” (the same name as one of my dogs, see image below)

Just a word of warning, though–if you choose to go with a different name, Javier will judge you. Harshly. :joy:

4 Likes

Feels like i’m already being judged LUL.

Hahah how long did it take you to find them?

1 Like

Hm…took me (at most) maybe 15 minutes of continuous searching to find all 3? With the rabbit being found within the first 5, for sure.

I gotta say, though-- despite the relatively easy rabbit, this was one of the more challenging search-and-finds. It really took me forever to find the other 2 animals. XD

2 Likes

As always, a lovely scene.

My ginger cat was called Bacchus (I name cats after the way they act), but this one doesn’t strike me the same way. Apricat? (sorry!) Sweet Potato? (Prince) Harry?

sleuthing

Saw the rabbit almost immediately because it stands out value-wise, and then it didn’t take long for the chipmunk (even though that one blends well) because something nagged in my peripheral vision when looking at the rabbit. The chicken, on the other hand, that took a long time to find because it stands out even less than the chipmunk. :wink: Nicely done.

2 Likes

The only reason I found the chicken at all was 'cause I could hear it laughing at me as I struggled to find it…
…and also because I’d already found 2/3 and in my gut I knew the third just had to be a chicken. XD

3 Likes

You know you’ve just made Louis think he won’t put a chicken in the next one.

But now that I’ve mentioned it he might be thinking of using reverse psychology…

We must be ready either way!

2 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Hahahah!! Love this!!

1 Like

hmmm very tricky one to reply to. haha

Yes, be ready this is war. Chickens vs humans xD

2 Likes

@piranha4D watch as the next render turns out to be a giant mosaic depicting a chicken…made up of smaller renders of more chickens…

Easter egg: COUNT THE CHICKENS TO FIND HOW MANY HOURS YOU WASTED COUNTING CHICKENS.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

OMG evil genius over here

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

amazing work
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Posted a new art here: Hillside Village

Go check it out

I had a cat just like that as a child. Actually he had a black companion as well – just no white spots whatsoever.

The black one was called Odysseus – we called him an equivalent of “Dizzle” (in german.)

The red one was called Marlo. I think he’d be honored so feel free to use the name.

RIP Marlo

2 Likes

Marlo it is for sure

RIP Marlo.

1 Like