I’m about a month into learning the BGE by studying the valuable resources here and elsewhere, whilst unfortunately incapacitated with an ailment. I’m striving toward compiling some semblance of a professional wrestling game, though the learning process and the journey is more my hope than the lofty end-product goal.
I’ve run into a problem (and perhaps several more I’ve overlooked), and I’d very much appreciate any assistance or advice. I’ve tried to attach the .blend file, but it’s not uploading correctly at the moment… I’ll try again, if anyone might have the time to look over it.
The most pressing slip-up is this; I’ve completed my mesh, armature, rigging, skinning, created animations and logic bricks in many states, and I’ve just noticed that neither my subsurf nor armature modifier were ever applied. In addition to this, my mesh, it turns out, has only been made a child of the armature under ‘object’ and not ‘armature.’
I’ve researched and tried suggested solutions for this, yet none seem to correct my situation without undesired effects such as the animations no longer influencing the mesh, the skinning for the arms deforming, or the mesh itself changing unpleasantly.
I’m sure it was an embarassing oversight early on that’s caused this, but I wondered if anyone might know a way to correct this somewhat retroactively, without ruining the armature, mesh and animations.
Thanks very much for your time!