So I’m having this issue where blender won’t display my materials in the material preview mode. They instead appear the same grey as the background.
You can see it is rendering as it blocks out the grid, and it appears like this from the other side too. I’m using cycles and the material does show in rendered shading, for reference this is what it’s suppose to look like.
For more context this happened after switching to OpenCL in the cycles render devices so that I could use my GPU to render screenshots.
What I’ve tried:
- Restarting my program and computer
- Switching back to None (the other 2 don’t support my card)
- Switching from 2.8 to the latest version (2.91.2)
- updating my drivers (they are up to date at the time of posting)
- Tried different render engines (only cycles will display the material)
I want to avoid doing a factory reset (or whatever it’s called) as I’m worried about what I might lose, but if there’s no alternative then I have no choice.
Thanks in advance! If there’s anything else you need to know hit me up!