Plex and Scorch Episode Four: A Shot In The Dark

My latest (and quite possibly greatest) video. All modeling, animation, acting, and even the musical score was done by yours truly. :wink:

It features an extensive use of depth of field, and I was careful to animate physics in a semi-realistic way.
I’m anxious to know what you all think of it.

Josh Vickers

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs092.snc3/15968_209802061041_747856041_3992663_8132036_n.jpg

AWESOME!!! :smiley: :smiley: That was fun to watch :yes:

See? Now that’s a great response. Heh. Thank you, thank you.

I think you did an awesome job there.

I wonder tho why some parts of the robots and ship aren’t smoothed? Or is that just your style? (havent seen the other 3 yet).

Also, as a non native english speaker, I sometimes had a hard time following what they said, because of the sound effect (which is great for the characters). The distortion sometimes was just a wee bit to much.

I’m anticipating the next episode :slight_smile:

Ooh… I thought I had fixed the distortion. That was a big problem with the previous episode. I toned down the vocal effects this time. I’ll keep it in mind for the next one.

Really an awesome job. Lots of hours I’m sure. Nice storyline, great use of sounds.
The only thing I can think of that would be a big improvement is smoothing out the shapes.
Other than that, nice job. I can see this as a series on TV, it’s that good.

Really enjoyed your animation; music, voice and camera work are excellent. My only problem was with the lighting, the colours seem to be too washed out and scene lighting too dim. How long does it take you to put together an episode, such as this one?

Sweet :-)!!

Thanks everyone! Sornen, I’ve worked on this one from Thanksgiving night until yesterday. So almost a month, whenever I didn’t have to work. Heh.