plugin folder

Hi everybody,

Where should I put the plugin folders I downloaded.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\plugins
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\sequence
C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender exture
or
C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\plugins\sequence
C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\plugins exture

Thanks for the basic,

JPD

Depends on the choice you made when you installed Blender. If you are not sure anymore then one way to check is to see whether the AppData directory is in the Python search path. If it is, the plugin directory should go there as well. To check the python path, fire up the python console (in the scripts window choose Scripts->System->Interactive python console) and type:

import sys
print sys.path

The output will be quite a long list.

It is in the path.

Where can I find the python console basics commands?
Like copying the output to the clipboard or to a file?

Well, the console is basically a Python front end and nothing more, so the ‘basic commands’ are just Python commands like print and import etc. You can access almost everything by using the Blender API, but depending on what you know already you should teach yourself Python first (http://docs.python.org/tutorial/) and the Blender API second.(http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Tutorials/Extensions/Python/BSoD)

I am afraid there is currently no way to copy from the interactive console (fortunately this will be different in 2.5)

If you’re on Windows, you can.
Right click on the top bar, click on Edit->Mark
Select (Mark) the contents you want to copy, and press ENTER.
Paste onto your notepad application

BTW, which plugins are they, exactly? (I mean the name)

textures:

afterglow.dll
brick.dll
brick1.dll
ceramictiles.dll
chip.dll
chip2.dll
circdots_rgb.dll
clouds2.dll
dots2.dll
exchndl.dll
fixnoise.dll
greenmarble.dll
led.dll
lyapunov.dll
mandeltex.dll
matrix.dll
mingwm10.dll
musgrave.dll
novichip.dll
out.txt
pattern.dll
pie.dll
r_weave.dll
refract.dll
rings2.dll
rtilings.dll
sarah0.dll
scales.dll
sinus.dll
spirals.dll
t_bricks.dll
t_clouds.dll
t_marble.dll
t_marble_terrain.dll
t_terrain.dll
t_wood.dll
tiles.dll
trellis.dll
voronoi.dll
water.dll
wbricks.dll

sequence:

afterglow.dll
alphamatte.dll
blur.dll
cartoon.dll
chromakey_rgb.dll
chromakey_yuv.dll
chromatek.dll
clockwipe.dll
desaturate.dll
dice.dll
diff.dll
fadetobw.dll
flipflop.dll
flipit.dll
framestamp.dll
glow.dll
greenscreen.dll
invert.dll
invisible.dll
iris.dll
jitter.dll
lightsaber.dll
lsd.dll
makecolor.dll
old_movie.dll
out.txt
pixelize.dll
postmul.dll
rgstereo.dll
robocop.dll
scatter.dll
showzbuf.dll
speckle.dll
spin.dll
split.dll
splitb1.dll
splitnslide.dll
stereogram.dll
strobe.dll
sweep.dll
truncate.dll
videopatterns.dll
warp.dll
wipeout.dll
zblur.dll
zcompose.dll
zutilz.dll

Actually you cannot :slight_smile: (at least not with the suggested actions). What makr suggest is valid within the dos box that appears when Blender is launched in windows, but this dos box is not the python interactive console. (The python interactive console is started from within Blender from Script->System->Interactive Python console). The good news is that I was wrong also: within the interactive console you CAN save what you see: right click an make a choice (like all text, or just the output or error text). The saved text is stored in a new buffer and can be accessed like a normal text block.

I am on Vista.

can be accessed like a normal text block.

How can a normal text block be accessed?

From the python console? From a dos console opened while the python console is openned?

I am new at Blender.

sorry, I should have made that clear. Anyway: textblocks are the texts you edit in the text editor. These might be your python scripts but may contain any text. You can have any number of text blocks but only one will be visible in the text editor. You switch between text blocks by clicking on the drop down list just below the text editor.

Now if you copy text from the python interactive console by right clicking, it will say ‘command_output.py written’. At that point you will have a new textblock available in the texteditor with the name ‘command_output.py’ that you may select by clicking on the dropdown. It is a regular textblock so you can for instance save it to file.

Some extra help on the text editor can be found here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:Reference/Windows/Text

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Anyway, you can just drop the subfolders (sequence and texture) into your Blender “plugins” folder. Or, better still, download Zebulon’s recent Optmised Blender build from graphicall.org - with the plugins, and a lot more, already there.
That way you can be sure that it works with the latest Blender version, too.
Good luck.

I had a problem with my internet connection.

Here it is:

print sys.path
[‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender’, ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender\python26.zip’, ‘C:\Python26\Lib’, ‘C:\Python26\DLLs’, ‘C:\Python26\Lib\lib-tk’, ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender’, ‘C:\Python26’, ‘C:\Python26\lib\site-packages’, ‘C:\PROGRA~2\BLENDE~1\Blender’, ‘C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts’, ‘C:\Users\Jean\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\.blender\scripts\bpymodules’]

Will the 2.5 version work with Vista?

JPD

AFAIK,no plugins (or, at least, most) will work with 2.50
I’d suggest downloading Zebulon’s latest (Optimized) build from Graphicall. It probably works with Vista - since it’s a “Windows” build - but I’m not really sure. (I don’t have access to Vista. Both, at office and home, I use XP Pro)

Or you can unzip the folders into Blender’s “plugins” folder (In Vista, in the “Application Data” folder??)
I’d rely more on Varkenvarken’s advice, if I were you - but there’s no harm in trying this)

:smiley:

Which one?

Blender-2.49b SVN 23600 GCC -fast-math
Zebulon
Oct-12-09
BF

Blender-2.49b Py 2.6.2 SSE LAA 32 threads
Zebulon
Oct-1-09
BF
Blender-2.49b Py 2.6.2 SSE2 LAA 32 threads
Zebulon
Oct-1-09
BF

I downloaded this one since it was compiled with Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Zebulon
Oct-1-09
BF

Updated 01-10-2009: Latest SVN changes [23571], Latest LuxRender script [29-09-2009], changelog.pdf, Optimization changes to particles.
Updated 25-09-2009: Re-packaged with LuxRender v0.6RC6
Build with cmake 2.6.4 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1

Well :slight_smile:
I copied everything in the blender directory (replacing everything) and it seems to work.

Great changes.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender
|___.blender
| |___icons
| |___locale
| À___scripts
| |___add
| |___add_mesh
| |___animation
| | |___onionskin
| | À_____MACOSX
| |___bpydata
| | |___config
| | À___Make_Human
| | À___mh180targetspack
| | |___abdomen
| | |___arms
| | |___back
| | |___brow_temples
| | |___calves
| | |___characters
| | |___cheeks
| | |___chin_jaw
| | |___ears
| | |___expression
| | |___eyes
| | |___feet
| | |___genitals
| | |___hands
| | |___head
| | |___mouth
| | |___neck
| | |___nose
| | |___pelvis
| | |___proportion
| | |___shoulders
| | |___thighs
| | |___tongue
| | À___torso
| |___bpymodules
| | |___colladaImEx
| | |___gt
| | À___pyffi
| | |___formats
| | | |___dds
| | | À___nif
| | |___object_models
| | | À___xml
| | |___spells
| | | À___nif
| | À___utils
| |___export
| |___Fiber203
| | À___2.26 to 2.32
| | À___Python
| |___help
| |___image
| |___import
| |___l_system_forest
| | |___bpymodules
| | |___savedconfigs
| | À___textures
| |___materials
| |___mesh
| | À___BMAE
| | À___Image
| |___misc
| | À___pdb_files
| |___object
| |___primstar
| | À___library
| | |___Block
| | |___Cube
| | À___Object
| | |___Garden
| | À___Household
| | À___Ornament
| |___render
| | À___BLensesFiles
| |___system
| |___themes
| |___uv
| À___wizards
| À___treegen_texture
|___export
|___plugins
| |___ivy
| | |___bin
| | |___data
| | |___src
| | À___textures
| |___LuxRender
| |___sequence
| |___texture
| À___Yafaray
| |___plugins
| À___python
|___production
|___render
À___sound

I promess myself to pace programming. I did a lot of C Java Php dos cmd etc.
I want to play; I am getting old.

Thanks

Jean

That should be good enough. Does it work?
AFAIK most of the sequence plugins are buggy with this build - they were made for a much older build.
Good luck :slight_smile:

Edit: Our posts crossed each other.
Actually, you don’t need to copy everything to your plugins folder. You can just unzip the Zebulon folder to your HD and use as-is (Double-click on ht blender.exe file inside) In fact it might be better if you at least tried this - you can use, and learn from, some the very special features of his build. Just try it :wink:

The reason that alot of the “classic” plugins in the repository are buggy is that the seq editor has been updated to include float images and the plugins have not… I have recoded alot of the original plugins to be float aware ( plus some enhancements… see what I did here: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Paprmh/bf-extensions/plugins/sequence). You can download a zip file of the source codes here: http://papsplugins.googlepages.com/updated_seq_plugins.zip. Unfortunately, I can only compile them for 32 bit linux… so if you need them for other OS’s you need to find users that are able and willing to compile them for your system.

Thanks a lot. Speaking for myself, animation is low priority right now – probably will change in January.
But I’m sure a lot of people will be very happy to hear this.
Hasn’t Meta Androcto done some updating too?