Plumiferos?

:frowning:

Oh Godā€¦ Thatā€™s bad news. I hope the true Plumi team found a time to regroup and do something more in the near future. Thereā€™s so much talent in thereā€¦ ā€œproducersā€ ā€œproducersā€ ā€œproducersā€ā€¦ i know the kind of guys doing that here.

Said to see something going to waste just because of money. If the movie is still going on I can understand the problems with opening it up but if it is dead anyway, holding on to the ressources and eventually throwing them away is such a waste of time and ressources.

Would be interesting to know how much fund raising the blender community would need to take over this project? Sort of like the fundraiser to get the original Blender source code gpled.

Well, the movieā€™s plot always looked dreadful to me. It was just, lameā€¦
From the original announcement it looked like a mess, I mean, birds? Fighting against a parody of Bill Gates? What the hell? The trailer was a real pain to watchā€¦

Iā€™m sorry for all the people who worked hard on this project, but a bad movie canā€™t rely just on a gimmick (ā€œfirst full length movie using Blenderā€) and some ā€œfamousā€ actors (at least in Argentina) to do the awful voice acting. It must have a interesting story to begins with.
The producers needs to put their shit together and start from zero, at the drawing board, if they want to save themselves. I donā€™t think they will at this point. Too late.

I believe everyone has the right to express his/her opinion. But I also believe that being too harsh after something went wrong is not fair.

Itā€™s like saying ā€œI knew itā€ after seeing the lottery numbers. If ā€œyou knew itā€, why didnā€™t you win it and become rich? If you saw all those flaws, what did you do to help? Did you even bother to write them about it?

Every production have its flaws. Some bigger, some smaller. Writing a post like you did seems like youā€™re happy with their failure. If you are, please keep it to yourself.

Iā€™m sorry, but I think it failed for good, valid reasons and not arbitrary ones.
And no, Iā€™m not trying to be harsh, Iā€™m being realistic.
Iā€™m not trying to denigrate the work of the talented folks who worked on this, but to me this movie was only just a gimmick without a interesting story.
Movie making is a bitch, I have some friends who worked (and some, directed) on full length animated movies and they always told me that you need experience first of all before engaging yourself on that.
The size of this project was just too big for a small first time studio to handle. They should had stick by making short animated films first, and then eventually move into TV in some animated show.
They just took a huge miss step with this while they should had made baby steps first.
Pixar worked that way, Dreamworks (PDI) and so Blue Sky.

Just my two cents.

I think itā€™s possible, that Plumiferos will be completed someday. It happens with animation films sometimes, that they are picked up and finsihed later on. But if itā€™s canned for good, that wouldā€™nt be surprising either. I mean thereā€™s this Conan animation, ā€œRed Nailsā€ Iā€™ve been waiting for, and itā€™s been in production over 5 years I think, and it looked like it was going in release this year, but now it looks like a dead film.

While I agree that a good story is essential, the ā€œcomic book guyā€ tone of Fredā€™s post can only be seen as offensive to anyone who worked on the project.
A little like kicking someone when theyā€™re down.

Personally I hope they finish this project.

Also itā€™s interesting to note that opening it up could save the project, but thatā€™s not going to happen because of financial interests.
So, potentially, money is actually limiting the project.
Who wouldā€™ve thought.

All the best to those still working on it!

it is slated for a december 2009 release so says imdb

why offensive to any of us that worked in the movie? it doesnā€™t offend me at all, actually I even agree with him.

We may worked on it, but the look nā€™ feel of the movie is up to a few, the director, art director, etc. something that doesnt concern us that much, we just do what we are told to, and Iā€™m sure the people directing this movie wont enter this forum and get offended :slight_smile:

I also disagree if lotsa things in Plumfieros, like some characters design, or shading stuff, or style in general, Fred.Dre was talking about the movie itself, like storyā€¦ kinda cheese if you just tell it in a few words, or if you see the trailer (which i think is not the best we could get, they didnā€™t actually picked the best scenes we had, it was made in small time for a festival, which is OK, but then never got fixed or re-published in a nice way) when you actually see the movie and read the script, then lotsa stuff makes sense and is so much fun (sadly most of them are argentinean jokes, not even much body language, another big mistakeā€¦), but it is made that wayā€¦

I also agree Manos Digitales should have started with CG ads, publicity or short movies, making a feature movie without experience at all is not very effective.

Fair enough. Maybe I misunderstood the tone.

While I certainly hope it will get released, my hopes arenā€™t very high, as the official page of the film hasnā€™t been updated for a year, not that it really is any indicator of any possible work being done right now. Despite of rather clihed looking character design the art looks interesting and the original Howard story is good, so I do hope they get it out some day.