Pocket Watch

An exceptionally Interesting project and getting to model all of the clockwork was brilliant. I think to date this might be the most entertainment I’ve gotten out of a modeling experience. The composition was something I ended up having to go back and forth on, but I eventually found this nice balance of color and camera effects.

Specifics
Polygons: 38,101
Verts: 45,466
Samples: 300
Software: Blender 2.79

Resources and References used
• Images of pocket watches
• Images of The clockwork inside a pocket watch
• Gleb Alexandrov’s tips for compositing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYJCFP9CAMA

26 Likes

You’re #featured, enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Very nice Tom! The metal material looks really good!

1 Like

Looks really stunning as is. Though i think the clockwork could use some nice shinier gold/brons like material.

1 Like

That is lovely detail.

1 Like

@Iridesium
I’m very grateful for the appreciation, I did spend a lot of time working on those metals and it’s just fantastic to hear that it was worth the effort!

@rombout
Thanks I’m glad you enjoy it. As for the shinier metals, that’s certainly not a bad suggestion. I do have quite a catalog of good gold shaders I could try out to test it. If it goes well I’ll post it here. :wink:

@elhippiesupremo
I have to agree, those details were just fun to create I would definitely suggest trying it out if you’ve ever got a few hours of free time. Getting to model all the clockwork pieces and the elegant hands as well as creating the texture for the clock face; it was all just brilliant.

2 Likes

This might be my favorite render on this site so far.

2 Likes

Why thank you, That is a high compliment! :smile: