Pods' Field

Hello guys, It’s been a while since I’ve been on this forum.
So I though let’s update my projects here!

This project was following the pods I introduce with the root image, this time the environment is mostly based on Southern United States area with a Stalenhag shift.
The scene is made in Blender using mostly Quixel Mixer along with some Poliigon textures. Graswald and the Nature Scans from Eisklotz.
Rendered in Cycles and post-produced in Photoshop.

Hope you like it! CC are welcome as always!

https://www.artstation.com/arnaud_imobersteg My Artstation is a bit more up-to-date for now if you wanna check better res or other projects!

Cheers!

89 Likes

I love this! Great mood!

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome in every way! The scope and expanse of the scene.

How’d everything hold up with all that grass?

I’ve been struggling with scenes giving up - especially EVEE - with big particle systems. Any tips would be great.

2 Likes

Hey thanks!

Thank you Bart! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey thanks for the kind words! Well the scene is pretty heavy, was mostly crashing in eevee. Cycles though is fine despite taking longer to render but it often look still way better to me and I need it for the adaptative subs on the ground.
Anyway I’m rendering most of big project on a farm it’s easier. So I would recommend just make the viewport responsive by hiding the most you can. and when checking elements you can do it part by part, like the grass on the ground, then only the trees, and so on…

I wrote a tutorial about creating a medium to big scene a while ago you can check maybe to have some other tips!

1 Like

Awesome dude thank you!

And this tutorial should be great - gonna check it out now.

Keep up the great work man.

1 Like

Hey thanks for the kind words! Hope it can help :wink:

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

followed you on artstation :slight_smile: great work and look and feel you 've got here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Bart! :grinning:

1 Like

Hey thanks! Yeah I’ll try to not forget post things here too, but yeah my Artstation will most probably be more updated :sweat_smile:

the same here :slight_smile:

This is the most realistic image that I have seen in this forum, can you share the blend file :smile: ?

this is 100% photorealistic

1 Like

Stunning scene!

2 Likes

Haha thanks, but you know it’s only the look :wink: I’m using more and more scan assets, like here for the materials by ex using quixel a lot. This quite help giving realistic details and feeling. This is also the reason why I can’t actually share it…

But all my images are quite post-produced in photoshop to add more depth and atmosphere, to fix the contrast and colors, add some grain and so on. This gives the final look!

2 Likes

Thanks man!

1 Like

Very realistic, good job :grin:.

1 Like