Point and click adventure with rpg elements

Good stuff!!!

continue on the tower

Testing and more testing…
Anybody knows how to model a good looking low poly backround???

Attachments

Make a high poly skybox and render it out?

http://www.blendenzo.com/tutSkyBox.html

texture painting? =o

And a few early concept sketches of game characters.Again thank you all very much for your support and encouragement :slight_smile:

And the last one,the one of the town’s Alchemist :slight_smile:

Another villager

It looks great. The models and textures are really nice. I think you’re falling in to the same trap as I often do though, working a lot on art assets but not getting the core game mechanics in working order.

These days I try to spend at least 60% of my time working on coding, mechanics design and testing. I do allow myself the other 40% to spend on graphical assets, just because this is my hobby, not my job. :slight_smile: Hopefully as time goes on I’ll have a working game and then the art assets can be swapped in as they are finished. Until then I use placeholder art, or just simple cubes and spheres.

Anyway, good luck with the project, I wish you success in your endeavor. You may have more chance of finishing the game if you manage to form a team with some coders or people who are interested in level design or whatever.

Thank you all very mutch for your intrest in our project.
Our main goal is to form a team in order to finish the project.
We are frequently posting updates to get the interest in people and get them
to understand that we are on something.We realy hope soon someone with coding expirience will join us.
As for game mechanics i could do some things with logic bricks but sooner or later i will hit a wall so we focus to what we can do to get the atention of other people to join.

Testing the models

The alchemist house in town

The alchemist house-tower complete

Landscape first atempt
the rocks use vertex color for variations

It looks lovely. I think you’ve got a great style, the buildings in particular are amazing.

I think you need to get some more team members before you start work on the terrain though. Any kind of game, whether it’s triple A or a home made Blender game, have certain limits that can be overcome through careful organization and following certain rules during development. For this reason it’s important for the art team to work in tandem with the coding team, to make sure that the art assets will work well with the game mechanics.

One example could be how you place trees and grass and other objects needed to give terrain more life and believability. How will they be handled? Will they have a Level of Detail? Will they be added randomly or placed by hand? How will the walkmesh be modified; will you set the trees to obstacles or will you cut a hole in the walk mesh? How about the rocks? Can players walk on them?

The choices you make regarding those questions can make a big difference in the speed of your project. Making the right choices could roughly double your frame rate. You’ll have to discus that with who ever writes the code for your project, and it will change how you design the art assets, perhaps making some of what you’ve already made useless.

If I were you, at this point I’d focus on recruiting, maybe making some video or screen shot mock ups of how you want the game to look, or a demo using simple keyframed animations and camera movement. Looking at the assets you’ve made already I don’t think you’d have too much trouble getting someone with basic coding experience to join your team. You also might look around to find a programmer who is looking to make a similar game but doesn’t have any art assets.

On the other hand, you could try doing something with logic bricks. It’s actually possible to get some good results with the logic brick system these days. And if it doesn’t work out at least you’ll have some thing to show, the characters moving around in the game world would be a big draw for potential collaborators.

Thank you all for your interest.
We will try to make something playable(With the help we got from BluePrintRandom)So we can make people have more interest in the project.We realy want people to join not only coders but modelers texture artists anything.
I see projects in this forum with game mechanics so complicated that our game should be a walk in the park compared to them.
For example the walking mesh in open areas will not be complicated and the few obstacles along they way can be avoided with simple invisible cubes.In other words most of the trees rocks and hills will be there for decoration will not be any gameplay interacion with them.
But for now i will follow the advice of Smoking_mirror and try to recruit some people by showing something playable.But first i have to complete some models i have started now and more importand the monastery model-scene.

first thing, if the paths the player can walk, will all be nav meshes, only those areas need physics at all,

your inventory needs to be persistent, and puzzles etc, npc spawners can be switched to off, by the npc dying (enemy etc)

you will need to break up the areas, so no one navmesh is too complicated, you will need to do this for graphics anyway,

however there are new algorithms I have yet to test in the resources section.

The blacksmith house

A very early version of the monastery yard