Polestar 2 - Final visualization and breakdown

Hey guys!

I have been playing around with the wonderful Polestar 2 car model and trying out some cool visualizations! The base idea was to create something with cloth and partially reveal the car, other then that i just poked around to find the final images.

Both the renders are lit with 1-2 lights only, and they are spotlight so i can limit the effect of the light to a specific area. More on that later in the post.

Final front

Final back

To start doing the simulations i cant just export the whole car to Marvelous and try doing the simulations, way to many polygons. So i extracted the part i knew would have an impact on the simulation. Still kinda heavy but i work on a pretty hefty computer so it could handle it.

Simple Marvelous cloth sim, just poke the fabric around until i found something i would like and would fit the idea i was going for. I wanted to hide one headlight under the cloth but still show the Polestar logo at the middle of the car, as you can see in the final image.

This is the scene everything is done in, very simple. Basically just a ground, nothing behind and a 100% black environment.

This is the lighting setup for the shot. The spotlight size is really small so i get those small light reflections on the car that i really like!

And this is the impact of the lights.

Wire

Hope you like it and if you have any questions just hit me up!

If you want to see more of my work go to

https://adambengtsson.artstation.com/

1 Like