Poll On Game Genres

Which is your favorite game genre?

I like good combination games, too bad there aren’t very many around. Also action games that give a sense of freedom of motion (Oni).

1. pofo

Hmm,… I like all kinds of games and I don’t have a perticular genre I like the most. I will list a few of my all time favourite games:

• Doom
  • SuperKarts
  • IndyCar
  • Half-Life
  • Warcraft 2
  • Starcraft
  • Zelda 64
  • Commanche 4
  • Diddy Kong 64
  • Rayman 1

Basicly the genre’s I play the most are Action (3d shooters), strategy, and racing games.

I like pretty much everything, but i don’t like racing simulations like Nascar and stuff like that. F-zero was good, but most racing games that try to be like real-life I hate.

I like strategy and FPS a lot. I also like RPGs a lot too. Here’s a list of my favorites:

-Quake III Arena
-Half-Life
-Counter-Strike
-Asheron’s Call
-All the Zelda games
-Warcraft II
-Starcraft
-Jedi Knight
-Jedi Knight 2
-Oni

Pooba

Most of the above, rolled into one, with freedom of movement.
All time favourites: System Shock 2, Thief 2, Grand Theft Auto 3, Blender :wink:

Surprisingly maybe, but I do play games too, but not on PC. I only tend to try demos to get idea’s for code. I didn’t start playing games until the psx came along, the first game I played was Tomb Raider II. I never really much liked any of the popular PC genres, any FPS, RTS, although I managed to play the Half-Life demo out, I did like parts of that. Anybody (not many) who has ever visited my (very limited and dated) gallery should know that my all-time favourite game (and which started my interest in Blender) sofar is Silent Hill, both 1 and 2, and I’m sure I can say the same of 3 next year. It is the atmosphere of the game that was (and is) so striking to me, it is also like I’m walking around in my dreams :o
Currently I’m playing FFX, another game I really liked and played since FFVII. But seemingly all these I don’t hear about all that often, it is always the doom-a-likes that seem the be the most popular, but only make me fall asleep (I tend want to admire the view, but I usually die before catching even a glimpse), but I guess some (if not all) would say the same of the ones I mentioned…
Anyway enough of this unusually long post on this (for me) unusual topic, sorry for that, but I don’t have the time to make it shorter (Pascal?)

I mostly play the Heroes of M&M-series, even if part 4 is not so good, but if you’re addicted, you take everything.
Kibster, SuperKarts rulez!!

i am a fan of RTS games…more presisely of AOE2.it is an epic.it is the second thing that i love most in PC…guess which is the first one?yeah blender.has anybody among you played battle realms?sounds great game.

You forgot crpg:s :frowning:
I like mostly them… you know, Baldur’s Gates, Fallouts, Roguelikes (Adom, Angband, Nethack…), etc.

Thief Gold
King’s Quest 8

Yay! Angband!
Not to mention zAngband :wink:

1. pofo

I’m into old games…

Civilization II… the best game I ever played! :slight_smile:
Colonization
SimCity 2000
Jagged Alliance
Steel Panthers (even if I don’t know a lot about tactics, I find it amusing)
Doom
GTA 1
Alone in the Dark 1-3
Day of the Tentacle
Zak McKraken and the Alien Mindbenders
Alter Ego (among others fine games on the good ol’ Commodore 64)

And so many other…

Hasse.

Anyono remembering rogue ?

Stefano

:smiley:
You ask!
Rogue and roguelikes are THE gamegenre… no other game has drawn me to play them, except roguelikes. Ugly as hell and no sounds, yeah, but so what? The appeal of those games lie far beyod cheap tricks and eyecandy… Adom for now is my favourite, as it has quite coherent world and plot, and there’s hell of a lot things to be discovered

on the c64:

wizball
turrican2
Katakis
bards tale
zenji
last ninja I+II
grand prix circuit
gunship
maniac mansion
zak mckracken

on amiga
lemmings II

on PC:
outcast

I particularly enjoy playing first-person shooters on a LAN. Quake II and Quake III Arena are the best because they have that useful console.

The only non-PC gaming system I use is a Neo Geo. King of Fighters '99 is the all time best game for that system (at least that’s what I think). It’s 2D arcade-style fighting!

Old games are great too, especially X-COM and MechWarrior 2.