Polygon count in my sugar bowl model

I created simple model of stylish Art Deco sugar bowl. I’ve published it on CGTrader:

Model is really simple (actually 6 model of different regions) with Subdivision and Solidify, topology seems to be OK. There are also 2 very simple procedural textures (gold and silver).
With modifiers it has 48 000 faces, without 1 500. But I don’t know what number of polygons enter in CGTrader model form.
Also can anybody check my model if its OK (I attached it below)?
Silver Plated Art Deco Sugar Bowl 1930’s.blend (1.1 MB)

1 Like

Your model looks perfect. I could not find any problem at first glance. Normals are correctly oriented. It looks ok here.

I believe the number of polygons you need to use is the number of polygons of the base model. At least it’s what I always use cause the modifiers may change depending on the settings, right?

2 Likes

You can say it has 1,5k without subsurf and 48k with subsurf in the description.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback! I will give then two value: one before modifiers, and after applying them in description.

1 Like

Thanks for feedback! I will give then two values: before modifiers and after applying them.

Don’t know about CGTrader but TurboSquid told me to enter the polygon count with no modifiers. I’d think the two platforms have pretty much the same standard.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!
I’ve done as you suggested. I’ve entered polygon count without modifiers, and also in text description I’ve clarified it by giving those 2 values.

Hi there,
Also, if you want to be a nice guy, provide not only .blend, but two .obj files as well, one with and one without modifiers :grin:

2 Likes