Polygon reduction script

I am looking for a Polygon reduction script. I remember ideasman42 had one on his page, but it doesn’t exist anymore :frowning: Any suggestions?
Thanks.

http://members.aol.com/demalion2/geodesic2.html

Its now a part of blenders python scripts as a Python function and it can be called by scripts

import Blender
import BPyMesh
scn = Scene.GetCurrent()
ob =  scn.objects.active
BPyMesh.redux(ob, 0.5)
# for optional args
# redux(ob, REDUX=0.5, BOUNDRY_WEIGHT=2.0, REMOVE_DOUBLES=False, FACE_AREA_WEIGHT=1.0, FACE_TRIANGULATE=True, DO_UV=True, DO_VCOL=True, DO_WEIGHTS=True, VGROUP_INF_REDUX= None, VGROUP_INF_WEIGHT=0.5) 

I am sorry, maybe I was not clear enough when I asked question, but I don’t know what you guys are talking about.
I need to make low-poly terrain for my game. I was thinking to use A.N.T. to create high-poly terrain and then use that polygon reduction tool to crunch number of polygons down. Let’s say A.N.T. will generates 100.000+ polygons terrain, I need to reduce number of polygons to about 10.000-

Select the object, add a decimator modifier, low the slider to the desired amount of poligons and press apply button.

Yep, the modifier is ok too but dosnt maintain UV’s, weights, materials etc.

ahh… cool. I didn’t know that Blender has such stuff already packed it :slight_smile:
Thanks.
Are there any plans to make it to preserve UVs and weights?

Haha sorry, i think i posted the wrong place :stuck_out_tongue: