PolyQuilt addon for Blender 2.8

god.i use industry compatible keymaps… any idea in the future?
wait,i think it work now, i use A Proper Keymap for Blender 2.8 this keymap. it work perfect.
another suggestion,split tweak mode and extrude mode by ctrl button maybe better for experience.

PolyBuild has the same problem. This seems to be an industry compatible keymap problem.
For example, as shown in this image, it can be assigned to a free key other than the modifier key.

But … … This setting is not saved because of API bug. You need to set it again each time you start.

1 Like

got it.another suggestion,split tweak mode and extrude mode by ctrl button maybe better for experience.
like the 3dsmax slate tools.

2 Likes

Hi Sakana, have you thought about adding perpendicular detection functionality to the knife function?

1 Like

Hi. What kind of function is “vertical detection function”?

Fixed a bug that caused the blender to shut down with low probability.
If you are currently using, please update to V1.0.4.

Updater is included in the add-on settings.

2 Likes

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/MayaLT/files/GUID-8C133E57-B9CB-4039-A4CA-2A9926C76BCF-htm.html

It looks very good.
But I’m sorry I don’t have it in my plan for now.

2 Likes

No problem! It’s already really good - just something on my wishlist coming from Maya

1 Like

Addon crash Blender.
Sometimes when working with an addon, Blender crashes.
It happens that during operation this error pops up and after it the Blender crashes, but sometimes it doesn’t.

Thank you for this addon, it’s really great! Is there a way to extrude multiple edges or edgeloops? It’s mostly that and a relax brush that keeps this from being all I need to retopo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yep i was going to ask for that and you beat me 5 mins before :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes! Edge loop extrude is in my plan. Please wait a little more.

The relax brush is not yet in the plan, but I will add it to the task list.

4 Likes

awesome, thank you very much for all you effort. it’s greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Thank you for the report.

I tried to reproduce it, but it was difficult.
Does anyone have this trouble?

Nope, not that one - I do get random crashes but no error message, just straight back to desktop. Can’t reproduce it yet though.

It may have been fixed in 1.0.4.
If I have an earlier version, can I update and try it out?

You can update from the add-on menu. (Reboot required)

I’m using 1.0.5. Nothing I can’t live with though, happens pretty rarely.

I am using version 1.04. Download a new one, maybe the problem will disappear

Hi @Sakana3! PolyQuilt looks really great!! Looking forward to test it! :slight_smile: Thank you for making this addon and sharing it with us! :slight_smile:

1 Like