Polysweeper 0.1.5

polysweep-test_correct_profile.blend (665.5 KB)
The face profile must be on the front view (XZ plane) !

2 Likes

ok let me try! edit: perfect now works! but why is dependant of the axis location?

Hi,
I just buy the addon it’s amazing, well done very cool.
quick question if I add a loop and select multiple on selected face Polysweeper reverse the profile by 90 degree

Can we save our own prolile (i work only with curve profile )in preset ? if no can we do it in future release ?

The orientation of the profile Is established by the cursor, just place it on the edge you want be the “top” or ‘viceversa’.
For the profile preset we can wait future development of custom bevel widget or find a way of serializing a curve data…

2 Likes

Ok thx I’ll try that :slight_smile:

All your molding profiles sweep the entire height of the object they are applied to. How do you take a 10cm tall molding and have it sweep the top 10 cm of a 2.5 metre wall?

The profile is scaled to fit the Edge ring length,
Basically, you have to place a loop cut at 10 cm under the top. There are also some good tool for precision modelling around here.
But It could be done by code inside polysweeper… I could try, this could be a feature for next release

1 Like

Hi,
How can I aplly sweep to more than one polygon selected ?
for ex i use often polysweeper for building.

interesting… Polysweeper need a single area to work now, I could implement a “per poly” or “multi loop” mode in the code but every face would require some indication about the orientation of the sweep, I’ll try to add this feature in the next release.
Maybe a better way to do this would be a separate script, something like “copy geometry to faces” using bmesh from pydata, it would be also usefull in other situations.

2 Likes

Great, it would be really cool. :+1: :+1:

POLYSWEEPER 0.81 UPDATE!

new feature: MULTI SELECTION MODE for sweep and extrude op:
Since multi mode will slow down the operator I added a global option.
Obviously a single selection would work in multi mode but a little performance cost.

I FORGOT TO MENTION THE PIE MENU INCLUDED IN THE ADDON(08+ and LITE VERSION)
here the reference to add a keyboard shortcut:

7 Likes

hi, with the update, i keep encountering this error where the base of the profile keeps extending. can you help me?

Yes, can you send me a blend file?

same happening to me

Could be the multiselection option?
If you want to sweep or extrude on different selections at same time you have to check it

Hi nice thanks for the update :slight_smile:
I like multiple selection and it’s work well, but in certain case it’s “invert” or rotate the sweep between two face, can we lock the sweep in the same direction ?

1 Like

At moment also in multiple mode it works based on cursor position, but we could have a xyz checkmark to lock the orientation…
In the video you posted maybe you can try to place the cursor over the selection

1 Like

Yes, you rock :slight_smile: lock the orientation will be greatt :slight_smile:
I’ll waiting for your next update :wink:

1 Like

At moment, this is what happen under the hood…
The cursor works fine with one selection but in multiple mode could be tricky…
Untitled1

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t upload through this forum since I am a new user.
I set up a link instead https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-kFd9Lg4WQdJQousc3DWd-9z7qYRPEmt/view?usp=sharing

this is not the exact file since I tried to simplify the faces. it’s still buggy.
this time when I tested, it produces an error. “wrong loop selection”

the only time the add on works properly is when I have a straight forward shape with clean loops. I wish I could use it on more complex like furniture since that’s the area where I really want to use it.

thanks.