Polysweeper 0.1.5

Can you send me the blend file? maybe just what I need to figured it out !
It would be very usefull also to improve next release!!!

DEV NEWS: BLENDER 2.82 ALPHA PROFILE WIDGET POLYSWEEPED!

Finally Christmas holidays!!! So I’m back to polysweeper code…
I started to play with curve widget from blender 2.82 alpha,
unexpectedly IT SEEMS TO WORK WITHOUT ANY PAIN:

At this point I’ll wait the 2.82 official release to publish the next version of polysweeper

15 Likes

Wow! That’s Awesome!

In case this helps anyone, in at least one instance, I was able to overcome the ‘wrong selection 2’ error by applying transformations to the profile object.

2 Likes

DEVELOPMENT INFO - NEXT REALEASE FOR 2.82 ONLY
I’ll should be able to release soon the next version on blendermarket, all is work!
For who has bought the addon on gumroad no problem I ll keep uploading all new releases.
For the free version I’ll put it in the first post like usual.
Now I have to make a proper documentation along new videotutorial, hope to finish it within a week.

THINGS DONE:

• curve profile widget (from custom bevel curve widget)
  • curve mapping offset (it use the curve mapping template)
  • single line python expression with some keywords ( ex. i stand for iteration)
  • extrusion operation (to be impoved)

STILL TO DO:

• get profile from curve objects
  • performance improvement ( I found the main problem: bmesh face.copy() get very slow on high poly mesh, it could be resolved using a temp obj but at stablity cost so I’m search other solutions)

8 Likes

On Gumroad, I see that Polysweeper is not currently for sale. Will that get an update? It’s the paid one. Well, paid, it was very cheap for all that effort. I can buy it again on BlenderMarket. Update; owh, ok, it’s not on BlenderMarket at the moment. I think I was way to impatient. Take your time.

I ll upload the new release on gumroad for Who has already bought It! Within this week…

5 Likes

Great, perfect … I’m really excited to try :smiley: :+1:

Am I correct in understanding that this will be released to BlenderMarket by the end of this week, and those already on Gumroad will be updated as well?

Yes, that’s correct!

2 Likes

Why no more gumroad version? Was going to get this finally but I want my addons in same place that is gumroad,

I would go with BM for the donation thing… But if could be a problem for you I can use also GM… no problem

version 0.8 done, I m going to upload it in the next days both on GM and BM, the free version will be in the first post.
I m sorry for all these delays, also I would put more features and polishing in this realease than I did, but this is the best I have been able to do for now.
Once the addon will be avaiable (maybe tomorrow night) I’ll make a post.

MEANWHILE
I made up a very entertaining, enjoyable, endearing, full features eleven minutes of PS08 video intro:

6 Likes

Thank you for your hard work! Can’t wait to lay my dirty hand on it!

@Rastart really nice!

Finally 0.8 version is out!
I put a free version in the first post available to everyone, more stable and more easy to use.

The free features are the basic sweep from a profile face and also the new extrusion mode.

The paid version has increased to 10$ for everyone want to support all my blender/3dprinting projects in a more concrete way, you can see all the features in the tutorial video.

In this regard I would like to thank all those who have supported me so far!

therefore:
I uploaded new version on gumroad, meanwhile I’m trying to understand how to put it also on blendermarket… Still to write some docs…

As always let me know about BUGS - CRASH - EXPLOSION - HINTS - USAGE IMPROVEMENTS
(0.9 will be oriented mainly on stability and speed performance)

7 Likes

nice work keep it up :slight_smile:

i dont know but this happens…i followed the instructions but this crash happens

Ok, there’s something wrong with the profile, can you send me the .blend file?

1 Like

sure polysweep-test.blend (556.0 KB)