Pompey's Blender World Cup 2009 Entry

Hello everybody. It has been a while since I’ve posted on here. I have been,and continue to be, rather busy.

So, to get something out there, I have decided to enter BWC 2009. My entry involves another world which lacks the stresses and distractions of modern life. It will portray a scene in which a tree sits on a hill, wrapping around a stop light. There are is a forest and also fields in the background. Scattered about and overgrown will be symbols of modern life and stress (in my opinion). There will be an alarm clock, a game system of some kind, and of course, a cell phone. There will be other objects as well, but I have yet to decide on those. Suggestions are of course welcome.

Below is a quick scene mockup with simple geometry. I then took this and painted over it in Photoshop. I will now get into proper modeling. Later I will post some more concept art.

Also note that the style will be far more realistic than this image.

C&C are welcome.

Cheers and God bless.

So, how complicated is this tree going to be? Are you using the tree from curves script?

I think it would be cool if the entire hill were made of the objects and the tree were growing out of them.

@DividedSpleen23: It’s going to be fairly complicated and high poly, but because there’s just one, I will be making it by hand.

@NRK: That’s a really cool idea. However, I really want to convey the “no-stress” feel, so I don’t want it to be too cluttered.

Thanks for the replies.