Pool balls

(scrappy) #1

just a sudden urge i had :slight_smile: well here it is, its nothing great

http://mysite.iptic.com/scrappy/images/pool.jpg

(Idgas) #2

looks really good scrappy, only i can see to many light reflections on the 3, 9 and 5 balls, did you parent a mesh circle to a lamp or somthing like that?? Nice modeling though.

(BgDM) #3

Nicely done. I have to agree about the light reflection problem. You should make the lamp parented to the icosphere a layer only and shadow only tp simulate the GI, then use a couple of lamps to use for the lighting. Should work better.

Great reflections too. Just enough colour in them.

BgDM

(ec2) #4

Nice lighting. It has a realistic feeling to it. Excellent use of the Col slider for the reflections map.

Seeing this raises a question. Does Blender Publisher 2.25 now have the ability to have multiple reflective objects vs. or does the method in the tutorial on Ingiebee’s site still have to be used?

Thanks-

(valarking) #5

Do a search and look around for Zycho’s Pool Balls animation.
One of THE BEST anims made in blender that I’ve seen. He offered the blend to it too.

(scrappy) #6

thanx for the crits. i had a problem with the env. maps, once an object had an evn. map on it, none of the other objects could see that object in its env. map??? this is why the 3 ball doesn’t show the 15 ball and the 9 ball doesn’t show the 3…any way to fix this??

(BgDM) #7

You need to set up your scene, which you have done obviously. Render the first pass. Clear the second env map, render, clear the 3rd env map, render, etc., etc. until you have recalculated all of your env maps. This should do it. It is a pain, but that is the only way to do proper reflections in blender.

BgDM

(ec2) #8

You need to set up your scene, which you have done obviously. Render the first pass. Clear the second env map, render, clear the 3rd env map, render, etc., etc. until you have recalculated all of your env maps. This should do it. It is a pain, but that is the only way to do proper reflections in blender.

BgDM[/quote]

This is what I was asking about. Thanks. I haven’t had a chance to go all the way through everything in BP 2.25. BTW I love the Boolean function.

(Serifiz) #9

I normally don’t crit that much, but I figure if I crit then I get crit. so…
The picture looks outstanding. I really like the slight blur of distance on the 5 and 9.
I only have one comment. If you look closely at a pool table and you will see a felt/cloth texture, even the white cross threads of the under side of the fabric on a worn table. The table cloth looks a little flat/plain right now.