Pop-up window to further explain graphic

Dear Blender community,

I’m starting a Blender project, which consists in a gyratory pyramid. The pyramid has four different faces. The objective is to interact with each of the faces, clicking in each name/levels and obtaining a window that pops up and gives more details about each of them.

Questions:

1. How can I make the camera animation and have it going around the object (pyramid) very slowly? I just could make the pyramid to rotate using “Alt A”, but not using the function “ANIM”. How do I lock the camera in the path, frame by frame? When I try to do it the camera doesn’t follow the path.

2. What is the best way of clicking in the levels (names) and have a window popping-up with extra information about each of the levels? Is it made in the “game engine” or is there another option?

Thank you for your help!
Rita

hi,

the game engine is your best bet.

you can have the camera either follow a predefined path or use procedural animation to make it spin around the pyramid.

the click-to-preceed thing is also relatively easy to achieve.

anyway, i’d strongly recommend to gather some information on blender in general and the game-engine in particular before starting bigger projects. there are two good books: the latest blender book and the blender game-kit (the latter a bit aoutdated, but still very useful if you wanna get a hang of how to “construct” games). you can also check out the documentation on blender.org.

if you’re really stuck, everyone who can here is willing to help. consider the fact that many questions have been answered more than one time, so also try the search button

marin

Unless you can code, the game engine is pretty much the only way you can get interactivity.

Note: if you get your pyramid rotating in alt-a, it should rotate when you anim as well. Check your frames per second and your start/end frames to see if your animation is too slow/ too short (both these settings are in the render options window (F10))

To get the camera on the path, set its parent to the path (select the camera, select path, ctrl-P) then click follow path. (Note: all curves can be paths, so you should use a bezier/ nurbs circle for the path)