Poppies

I was asked to consider a war topic for an image. I felt reluctant to create images of things like tanks and guns, I also didn’t want to represent one particular side in any war. So I thought back to WWI (as it began 100 years ago this year) and decided to just represent a field of poppies as remembrance.

Uncompressed image here - https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/5uGTQCCsYjMElMcAm1riJNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

Looks good. Poppies are probably the least violent thing related to WW1.

I hope you don’t mind me critiquing. I don’t expect you to change this image at all, but you should keep it in mind on your next one that’s similar.

The sky is pretty boring. just blue, so it’s not very realistic. You could try to add a image in the background with the compositor. Do the poppies have any thickness. I understand that they are paper thin, but it might help to add a solidify modifier and set it too basically as low as you can.

I feel like you don’t have enough grass and it needs more color variation.

After thinking what could be better in your result I think the background, maybe adding a mountain this result will look more realistic, it can be better but it is ok now, this also does not remind me a war, this remind me a horse and a stable, You can put here a helmet or swords… to give to your render a war “touch”.