Porsche 911

hi,
the car isn’t really perfect, but i want to spent my time to other modellings, now.

http://www.manuelruopp.de/B_elysiun/MR-%20porsche%20911%20normal%20640x480.jpg

can someone tell me,
how i can make a screenshot under linux (SuSE Linux)?
than i will post a few wires, too.

c&c please.

c u
manu

Just use Gimp to make a screenshot.

There is a feature in the new raytrace est build that allows you to do this. Its on the window header. Its pretty neat :slight_smile:

I also use IrfanView for this

dante

If your using KDE you can use ksnapshot to do a screen grab.

try CTRL+F3 in the blender window for a screenshot!!!

Actually, in Linux (KDE, at least) that will just change it to Desktop 3.

KSnapshot is a standard part of KDE, so it should be there. I’m using Mandrake 9.1, so it may be in a different menu. Whichever menu has the GiMP in it, will probably also have KSnapshot. If that doesn’t work, open a console and type “ksnapshot” (all lowercase and without quotes. If that doesn’t work, then you don’t have it. Go to the SuSE website and download it, or check out apps.kde.com.

thanks.
i only work with blender 3.1a, so i don’t have the new features.
but ksnapshot works fine.

is this wire usefull for you?
http://www.manuelruopp.de/B_elysiun/MR-%20porsche%20911%20normal%20640x480%20wire.jpg

PS: the first render was a normal blender-render
and i used the zblur plugin.

manu

CTRL F3 works when using Gnome… but when I use xfce… it switches to desktop 3. I don’t use KDE, but I’d imagine if you knew how to disable, or change keyboard shortcuts, then all will be well.

thanks for the tips how to make a screenshot,
BUT can someone criticize my picture, please.

I think you are really close on the shape. I wouldn’t change that at all, but it still seems to lack… depth.

It almost looks like its a cartoon. I think it would look really good if you did a few more things to make it look realistic. For instance, make the paint job just a little bit dirty. I think that would really add to this.

I would do the same to the tyres. The rims on the other hand seem to not be shiny enough. They look very flat. I would make the headlights more transparent as well.

Again, very nice model. Good work.

3.1a? I hope you mean 2.31a, or else I’ve gotten really behind :stuck_out_tongue: . Make it a bit longer. O ya, btw, CTRL+ALT+F3 should work too.

oops. sorry, my mistake. i mean 2.31a.

Wow Looks very nice!

O ya, btw, CTRL+ALT+F3 should work too.

That will switch to terminal number 3…

WOW!!! :o :o
thats very cool, nice work on making it shiny and reflective, good job.