Position camera with shift-0?

I’m very new to Blender, but managed to figure out most of what I need to know in the tutorials/manual. Some remaining questions though:

1. Last night I viewed a video tutorial, which used an older version of Blender, in which the author used ‘shift-0’ to position the camera at your current viewpoint in the viewport (I believe it was the Subdivision tut here). I can’t seem to pull this off though. Has this feature been removed/changed?

2. There seems to be a stray cube object in my default setup. I can see it in the outliner window, but it’s nowhere to be found. How do I get rid of it? Wouldn’t it be much easier if you could link/unlink objects in the outliner anyway?

3. I’m not sure if this is possible, but I notice I’m constantly reaching out for the B key (box select) while modeling. Wouldn’t it be easier if you could just left click and drag to do the same thing? (The current gestures feature seems to undermine to potential of the left mouse button.

Many thanks! :slight_smile:

1. It changed to Ctrl-Alt-Num-0

2. Select it in the Outliner (LMB) and G (grab) drag it out of the obj that’s hiding it. Or hit Z to see it in Wireframe.

3. At the expense of Gestures? You’re either stuck in windoze mode or joking!

%<

1,2. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1. Maybe I’ll warm up to the gesture thing. It’s just that with my first model I kept trying to lasso vertices with my mouse instead of using B. Thanks anyway though.

You can Lasso with Ctrl-LMB which is about as ergonomic as B.

%<

That does the trick, great. :slight_smile: