Positron Development (CVS & Win32 Release 0.1 Uploaded)

Basicly each node will have a offset value. So, if you are viewing frame 100 in the timeline and the node has a offset of 80, frame 20 of the node will be shown.

So basicly whenever a edit is made in the timeline it will take the y values and automaticly re-link the nodes based on their y value. Will be fun to code, but not too bad.

Some thoughts.

As far as the 3d apps and editing apps. Have you ever seen VTEdit? Many of its features were imported from Lightwave. The Blender IPO editor would most likely fit in very well with an editing app.

Why are the apps different? Different people do those jobs for the most part. In most conventional companies the editor is not your 3d guy. If a company had to train every employee to use a massive program that incorporates everything they’d be wasting time and resources.

Why are the apps combining? Small business has gotten into video and they have different needs. There’s a lot of one guy studios around nowadays. But still, most of the additional features are used for pre-vis and that’s about it. Just to get a quick look. The final product is done in the app. intended for it.

Personally, for me, keep em seperate. There is one main thing I want from a video editor. Speed. 95% of what editing is is cut and paste. Let me do that quickly and well, so I can spend my time working on the effects. For 3d, I can’t even keep up with the normal 3d features. There’s just so much new stuff every year. I can’t imagine having to learn to edit and composite in the same program. I like the variety of being able to switch apps. and not always work in the same workflow.