possible to hide cracks between objects?

Hello.

I’m not sure if this is the proper forum for this question.

I’m trying to demonstrate human bone fractures in slow motion using blender. So far I’ve been able to import a bone model, “break” it with boolean difference command, and make a little movie showing the parts slowly moving apart as if the bone was breaking.

The problem is that when the movie starts, you can already see the crack in the bone before the fragments begin to move. I believe I have them perfectly realigned as they were in the original model.

The simple solution I came up with was to put my a lamp directly behind my camera such that the entire surface was brightly lit. That seemed to hide the crack between the two fragments, but ultimately made the video look two dimensional.

So, is there a way to make two adjacent objects appear as if they are one object with no crack or line seen between them?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

You could have a bone without any break at the start of the animation, then when the bone starts to break apart switch to the broken bone you are using now, hiding the original unbroken bone.

hi, you could try flat shading for your meshes instead of smooth, or auto smooth or manual smoothing… that if you have enough geometry, but there are other tricks also, maybe post an example…?

I’ll try those solutions. In the meantime I’d like to post an example. How can I do that?