Possible tutorial??

Latley I’ve been working with stuff like spline Ik’s and rope, and I was thinking of making a tutorial. However, I don’t want to put the time into something that people are not interested in.

So I’d like to know if the is an interest in this subject, and if anyone would like a tutorial on rigging things like tentacles, rope, electrical cords, etc. and also, texturing and doing materials for similar things.

If there is an interest in this, then I’ll make a tutorial asap, otherwise I wouldn’t wanna waste my time.

I’m always interested in a good tutorial and new tips. I’m sure cables and ropes will come in handy for a future project.

that would be awesome! definitely something i’d watch :smiley:

Ok, two people is good enough for me!! I’ll start on that right now!!

Ok I have a minor setback… My screen capture program apparently doesn’t record full screen video. It will get a few seconds into it and then freeze up for about a minute, then unfreeze… I’ll have to download a new one, which shouldn’t take a long time, but it will delay this tutorial for a little bit…

I should have this problem solved today though…

Edit: scratch that, I have it fixed now!!

which program are you using? i use CamStudio, and it works great :smiley:

p.s. i did see your edit, btw, just curious

Ha… actually camstudio is the one that broke!! And I actually managed to finish the tutorial and I’m uploading it to vimeo now!!

It’s not the best quality, and the sound is a bit quiet, but it gets the point across…

I used a program called Freez screen capture… it’s really bad

And BOOM!!! Here you go, one hot and a-spicy tutorial!!!

Please excuse the horrible quality though… It was my first ever attempt at a video tutorial

http://vimeo.com/12629274

it’s actually not that bad :slight_smile: just takes a lot of experimentation to find the “perfect” settings - for example, i use a combination of CamStudio and Audacity (for Video and Audio respectively), as recording the sound with Audacity lets me control the quality a lot more…

also, codecs are important - if you can get Camstudio working properly, try and get the Camstudio Lossless codec v1.4 (if you don’t already have it)

i was actually planning on doing a quick tutorial about making video tutorials, though it needs work…i think i have to re-record it :frowning:

p.s. headsets are a good investment too, and not just for tutorials, they’re really useful - i got one for 30$ at WalMart, and it works really well, the mic has noise-cancelling technology…

edit: i haven’t watched the whole thing yet, i don’t have time, but I probably will during the next few days :smiley:

I didn’t think of using audacity…

I have a headset around here somewhere, but trying to find something in my house is like searching for Jimmy Hoffa :slight_smile:

It doesn’t matter if you haven’t watched it yet… Something like this I don’t mind if people wait to watch it, cause it’s just a tutorial. Now if it was a movie, I’d be upset :stuck_out_tongue: