Possibly the dumbest idea for a clock I've ever seen

The big round ‘floor clock’

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/09/oclock.jpg

Why does a clock have to be on the floor, and how will you know if it rolled a little and suddenly shows the wrong time if there’s no numbers:eek:

Read the comments on the gadget site I broke out laughing reading them

Wow that is… dumb… It doesn’t look sooooooo bad. But for practicality… it stinks…

DUDE really? Dumb…Kinda of…Its cool i think just way to big!..but i guess it would go good with BIG buildings…like right at the entrance…Maybe it was Numbered…like 12 3 6 9…
but i dont know…Its a cool idea…just dumb that it ROLLS?! and is almost 4 FOOT??

Why does a clock have to be on the floor, and how will you know if it rolled a little and suddenly shows the wrong time if there’s no numbers

Do you really need anyone to answer that?

‘Cyborg Dragon’ The most sophisticated spam bot ever created by man.

Where is the second hand?

You’ll know because it’s rolled a little.

If the thing moved 90 degrees you’d probably notice.

Or you could just put something small under the sides of the clock so it doesn’t roll.

And finally, I’d be surprised if it’s not slightly weighted at the bottom so it doesn’t move.

grumble grumble why do i respond grumble grumble

At my university there’s a big numberless clock ON THE CEILING. If you’re not at precisely the right angle, you can’t see the hands right, and even if you’re directly below it it’s hard to tell what the orientation of the face is. And of course you need to strain your neck just to look at it. It’s way less practical than this floor clock, and eventually it will probably break and never be fixed.

They could’ve easily have stapled it to the ground, and if not, just weight the bottom.

I think it’s awesome.

It would be cool if rolling it around on the floor was how you wind it. Remember autowinding wristwatches? Back in the day…

It’s great for people who love clocks, and find ways to decorate with them.

I’m sure somewhere right now, someone is porting ubuntu to their shag rug, so why not a clock in the floor?

There are plenty of ‘analog’ clocks without numbers. I would even go so far as to say that a majority of them don’t have numbers (including my wristwatch), and the ones that do probably don’t have all of the numbers.

LOL! “Sorry boss! my clock rolled to the left!”