Post here until forums are fixed (solved)

There’s been forum problems lately- we can’t access any forums but the main page. Threads are still viewable (obviously). I know that no one likes to be left in the dark, so we can discuss everything here.

If anyone has any idea what the hell is going on, please post it here.

Either the server has crashed or something is being changed- maybe we’re finally getting our new theme?

Or perhaps Kansas_15/Icoxo/Cyborg Dragon is finally getting his revenge on us?

If you know the name of a thread, you can access it through the search function.

All posts before where I posted Bumped!!! are relevant to this post before I edited it. This thread will be reverted to its former state when the forums are restored.

*THE FORUMS HAVE BEEN FIXED. Thanks to everyone for cooperating and also the hard working admins! Btw, looks like they finally cleaned the tub of soda that BgDM spilled on the server up…

I’m currently looking for the same info and hopes that somebody shows up here and helps you out (and help me too :smiley: )

If you have any computer clubs near you it might be work enquiring.

I belong to my local Linux Users Group and some of the lads there are always building and canniblaising new computers and often have spare parts to pass around. I was given two fairly decent computers last year simply because someon’e wife put their foot down and refused to live with 15 computers in her living room. Even if they don’t have any spare bits they will be able to advise you on the best and cheapest computer fairs in your area or might be prepared to pick up something from an out of area fair if they were going on thier own account. I find offers of help with poster designs for club events goes down well,

Whoa, that’s pretty cool… But I live in a very small town (in fact, 6 miles away from a very small town) with about 1000 people living in it. There’s no Linux Users Group. Actually, there’s no tech groups at all. Sigh I’m the only real techologically involved person in the area. Maybe I’ll be able to find someone buying a new computer that’ll be willing to give me parts from the old one?

Maybe you could give me a good website?

I’m still a little bit too new to this town I’m in to find any good tech group yet so Like Alden asked, Is there any good site for this?

P.S. Thanks Alden for bringing up this thread :slight_smile:

Bumped!!!

Yeah that sucks. I hope they fix it soon.

This is really starting to worry me… I’m going to try to notify Derek (BgDM) through e-mail.

Oh no. The sum of all fears. We’re being hacked and some maya terrorist is deleting all the threads:eek: :confused:

No threads are being deleted- we just can’t access the main forums.

Alright, I notified Derek. I’m not sure he’ll receive the message- his email is hosted by BlenderArtists.

I Wonder Whats Going On.

The Tension Is Causing Me To Have Heart And Bowel Problems. Namely A Lack Of Control Of The Afore Mentioned.

ALSO i AM SHOUTING FOR NO GOOD REASON EVERY SO OFTEN

1 Like

Basse has also been notified… When are we going to find out what is happening??

The End Of The World Is Upon Us!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

APPOCALYPSE!!!

This sucks ass.

I can’t get my daily blender fix.

everybody breath… read a book, get some tea… or walk outside… maybe even use blender … i have no idea what’s going on in the forums right now, but i’m sure it will be ok tomorrow when Timothy wakes up.

.b

dont worry super wu-man is here,

the problem was while BgDM was eating some twinkies he got so excited that he accidently bumped his 3 gallon tub of coke onto his computer, which by the way is the server for blenderartist.org/forum.

so yeah i figure it will be a few hours before he can clean up the mess, because while also being grossly overweight he also has a horrible “obsessive compulsive disorder” problem. which means he has to eat three more boxes of twinkies, and then drink three more gallons of coke, and then switch his light switch 3 times while saying super wu-man is my hero, super wu-man is my hero, super wu-man is my hero, before he feels good enough about himself to fix the server.

i’ll try to give him a hand but the sight of someone with 10 double chins bothers the wu, so it may take awhile.

Thanks reassuring us (and probably saving Hc00 from a heart attack :D)

dont worry super wu-man is here,

the problem was while BgDM was eating some twinkies he got so excited that he accidently bumped his 3 gallon tub of coke onto his computer, which by the way is the server for blenderartist.org/forum.

so yeah i figure it will be a few hours before he can clean up the mess, because while also being grossly overweight he also has a horrible “obsessive compulsive disorder” problem. which means he has to eat three more boxes of twinkies, and then drink three more gallons of coke, and then switch his light switch 3 times while saying super wu-man is my hero, super wu-man is my hero, super wu-man is my hero, before he feels good enough about himself to fix the server.

i’ll try to give him a hand but the site of someone with 10 double chins bothers the wu, so it may take awhile.
Our savior!! :stuck_out_tongue:

If Super Wu-Man is here, Sago must be near… (Sweet, that rhymes!!)

I’m sure that the Admins are heading for the server with wrenches and hammers at this moment (and some surgery tools so they can give BgDM a gastric bypass so they can lift him off the server)

Indeed. It’s not like the world ended…

looks outside

…although, that meteor is getting awfully close.