Post-pandemic girl

woooow!!!really fantastic work

Fantastic piece of work!

Thanks a lot for the kind words :slight_smile:
@MarcJames: I’m not a professional illustrator but I follow some short drawing courses as hobbyist.
@Arkhangels: I wonder… the huge majority of the time that I spend on this project was in Blender, for the modelling, the UVs, the skinning/rigging, the materials, the hair etc… , I will let Andrew Price decide if it represents a violation of the rules.

I love it! I’m currently creating my first stylish character and I now that it can get tricky at times…
If I may ask, how did you do the hair? I really like them. :smiley:

Really polished work, great job!

If I had to offer an criticism, it would be just subtle things that would probably have been resolved in time anyway, e.g. lack of shadow under her feet makes her look a bit composited in, and her shirt material has a slightly contrete look too it (grey colour + small noise in bump map + a few extra dimples = quite similar to many concrete materials). Otherwise, very good job and very good presentation. Good luck!

This is really stuning work.

Wow! Some day maybe I’ll be able to do a character…this is quite inspiring, all the way from the previz to the final. I must admit that the sleeves on the drawing are my favorite compared with the render… Still very cool though! She’s a cutie!

Really awesome work dude! Love the proportions of the character :slight_smile: Here’s 5 *'s for your effort. Good luck in the contest!

Just beautiful!!!:yes:

The lack of colour diversity and brightness really works in favour of this image, adding to a sense of doom and gloom. The legs might be a little long for my liking, but “to each his own”.

Do you have a WIP thread or some wire frames? It would be nice to see those.

Very nice!

Really great work. I see I have a long way to go to be able to do this kind of character, especially in such a short time frame. I think I will give concept art a try, since modeling from turnarounds seems to result in cookie cutter type characters.

Inspiration like this is a reason I come to BlenderArtists. :smiley:

Congratulations on making Feature Row! Well deserved.

So cool character!
The lighting option accentuates his silhouette while keeping her in a dark mood.

And congrats for the sketch, it’s brilliant! :smiley:

Wow, really nice! I would love to see the wireframe.

This one is great, real contender for the Blender Guru competition (unline mine XD).

Best of luck!

Amazing looking! Not only the 3D version but also the concept art. I certainly makes me wish I could draw :slight_smile:

My guess for the competition; definite finalist, poential winner!

Excellent work!

Wow!

Gotta throw my kudos in. This piece evokes so much emotion! You kinda wanna lend her a hand.

Great, I suppose the Last Of Us is a big inspiration for your character…:slight_smile:

In (just …) the two “establishing shots” that you have herewith presented for “your heroine,” I am absolutely fully-engaged, popcorn in hand, and waiting for the curtain to fall and the show to commence.

She is absolutely bursting with Drama, and I want to see this actress perform, yea, without further ado. “Shot #2?” Oh, I am already so there …

“O - ver - ture! Curtain! Lights!!”