Posting off-topic increases personal post-count?

Just guessing…is there any point in people growing his/her personal post-count by posting in the off-topic forum?

I have already noticed that my personal post-count added one when adding a reply in an off-topic forum whose thread is “Do you smoke?”:o :o

So we could have many forum-gurus and forum-monkeys out there with a little percentage of their posts being useful and helping really to the community.

Instead of it, one can become a forum-monkey by posting…“Yeah, I like rolls-royce”…or “yeah, Tony Blair will win”… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

I have seen many forums (Linuxquestions forum, for instance) where off-topic forum don’t count up your personal posts. I think it makes sense.

What do you think?

AAARGHH, I forgot to login!!!

Sorry, It was me who began this thread.

why not?

What would be the status “guru” and “monkey” for? They don’t seem meaning knowledge or proficiency about Blender, but how many times do you post in the forum regardless what you post about…Just an opinion… :slight_smile:

This is a community. In communities, people shoot the breeze every once in a while. While I see your point (post count would partially reflect a person’s usefulness), I don’t think that it’s necessary. People know who is/isn’t helpful around here.

Besides, I like knowing how many total posts I’ve made since I joined. It’s just interesting information. :smiley: