Potion Shop!

Hello guys ! Here’s a scene I made four weeks ago for my instagram. I was a bit frustrated with the square format, I wanted something with more emptiness, so I tweaked it. I hope you’ll like it !

37 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Nice one. Yap, square format on Instagram often limit composition. Maybe they change this in future.

1 Like

Thanks ! Yes I guess you get used to it in the end but it’s still frustrating. I wish it was in their plan, but I can’t see how they can adapt a none squared format for phones (for now none squared pictures on instagram are bad), I have to admit it fits well those devices…

1 Like

Cute scene. I think the ideal is somewhere in between. THere is a lot of empty space in the landscape format.

1 Like

Very nice scene, congrats!

As for Instagram, they do allow non-square images. When creating a post, there’s a button on the bottom right after selecting the image, that keeps the original dimensions. But not many people use it, and the platform favours square images, making non square ones look odd (and I have the suspicion that it affects discoverability, but it just a feeling).

2 Likes

Thanks, and thank you for the tips ! I tried non-square format but as you say that looks odd in the feed (and it’s shorter, so less visible) :frowning: