Preparing for Emergencies

Recieved our (UK) Governement leaflet on preparing for emergencies.

http://www.preparingforemergencies.co.uk/

:wink:

Brian

Those people have obviously not lost a relative in a terrorist attack nor have they picked up pieces of blown up bus passengers.

Umm… I don’t think it’s funny. But maybe I simply don’t understand it.

Nor have they been opressed and abused by a militeray force for years whithout having any means of defending themselves, wich in it’s turn results in ppl using their body as a weapon…

Got mine too

Purposely blowing up buses full of children with the intent to kill as many as possible then setting traps for the rescue workers can never be called “defense”. That is terrorism.

Who here doesn’t know how to switch on a radio?

(from booklet not mockup website)

Purposely blowing up buses full of children with the intent to kill as many as possible then setting traps for the rescue workers can never be called “defense”. That is terrorism.

I will NEVER accept violence of any sort or say that any form of it is acceptable… And it is also NOT what I said in my reply a few posts back.

I am stating a fact … I am just shining light on also the other side where children are also killed by the hundreds for reasons wich aren’t justified. Why do you want to forget about those people ??

If you were objective in ANY sense you would be able to acknowledge that both sides “believe” that they are practising self-defence. You would be able to acknoledge that without having to choose sides… (I will stay out of the topic who started the whole thing because it’s no use debating that here and any statement might invoke replies wich are debatable as well.)

People who are able to do this are the only ones who can umbrella view situations like these, not narrow minded people like nico who only post one-sided black and white views just for the sake of posting them and expressing them… TRY TO VIEW things from both perspective so that we all might go forward one day. That doesn’t mean that you ‘switch-sides’, it only means that have the heart to do something about bad situations … even it is in you MIND… it’s a start…

The only reason I broke my vow (of not getting into politics again on elysiun anymore) … is because I can’t stand those kinds of replies… Man they are old style replies wich are outdated for years and years… I just yearn hear fresh thoughts wich are constructive…

Oh and if I get flamed by some ppl by writing down the truth then remember, you are only minimising your own possibilities and happiness in the long term by thinking black and white…

i hate violence i never fight at school nufin man . i only fight with last resort terrorism isnt last resort. :x :<

i hate violence i never fight at school nufin man . i only fight with last resort terrorism isnt last resort.

Then it should be fighting terorrism from all sides … from whereever it comes and not accuse one party of it while the other gets away with the same thing, only a different style (because they have the means,…)…

And I feel that in a mind with morals, injustice is the last resort… But still I reject violence in any way… it just wrong, nothing else…

oh, please - DON’T!

oh, please - DON’T!

Yeah i know what you mean aner… I just couldn’t help replying … these kinds of topics instantly create headaches…

yeah, let’s skip the talks for right now.

and anyway, who is planning on starting the US presidential election poll? (i assume there will be one?)
i was thinking it should include:
kerry
bush
other
not voting
non-citizen kerry
non-citizen bush
non-citizen other

Well, its a parody of a booklet which the UK government has just sent out to everyone.

Thought you guys may have found the parody amusing.

Guess I was wrong.

Moderator lock thread?

Brian

Nope. As long as this doesn’t degenerate, I don’t see why.
The link is mildly amusing but it strikes some good points, especially when citing rather obvious instructions that really appear in emergency instructions. Like “Move away from the immediate source of danger”, “Keep calm”, “Stay out of danger”, … Well duh!

Martin

vioence only leads to worse things dude’s . someone said once (i dont know who) “it takes a man to fight, but it takes an even better man to walk away” i lived by that for ever.

Public safety is the Government’s number one ten priority (the top three are reelection, kissing George Bush’s arse, and stopping Gordon Brown becoming PM). We must be prepared to deal with any emergency, whatever it is or wherever it comes from. And that includes zombie attacks! And zombie pirate attacks! And killer robots! And both at the same time! Are YOU ready?

What the hell? I’ve read the leaflet when it came through the door one or two weeks ago… one click on the website and I read this!!

It was on the Ministerial Introduction link from the homepage you gave us… I thought something was funny as I saw the one with a line through it… then about zombie attacks

haaw haw haw… haX0rd you think?

look down the bottom, it’s a parody
the real one is at .gov.uk not .co.uk

I liked it too :smiley: