Prescreening of "Flushed Away"

I saw the prescreening of “Flushed Away” in US Oregon Portland last night. Made from the makers of “Shrek” “Madagascar” and “Wallace and Gromit”

This is how I work out my ratings:

1 star = poor
2 star = not so good
3 star = average
4 star = awesome
5 star = phenominon(<- I probly didn’t spell that right)

I gave it a 4 star to 4 1/2 star(Wich would probly be a 4 1/4 star LOL)
All of becuase it was hilarious and the animation was amazing!
It was made by a european program called “Maya”
Maya did all of the SFX in “Curse of The Were Rabbit” I’m not sure if it did Shrek though. I heard Maya is a animation+modelling+post-pro+ and rendering program too.

When it comes to theaters, you guys have to go see it becuase it’s worth watching :wink:

Masta noob

We all know what Maya is, it’s one of the industry leading apps that have been put to work for almost every major movie with special effects or CGI movies.

Also, the people that made Shrek and Madagascar aren’t the exact same people who made Wallace and Gromit. Now while the company that distributes them is the same which is Dreamworks Shrek and Madagascar were made by Dreamworks animation and Wallace and Gromit was made by Aardmen studios.

Grrr…I hate dreamworks animations…

The Dreamworks Formula is an over-simplified version of what Pixar has done in the past and made it work. Dreamworks thinks that if they simply apply the formula to every one of their movies, they’ll have a hit. The formula is thus:

1 lovable and sympathetic hero + 1 dopey but lovable sidekick + an entire cast of well known but underqualified actors + at least 1 “who let the dogs out” or similar pop-culture joke + whatever setting Pixar has most recently used = OMG TEH BSET MUVY EVA!!!

God, I loath those people at Dreamworks…grrrrrrr…

Cyborg Dragon:

Yeah…The people that made Wallace and gromit are technicaly not the same people that made Shrek and Madagascar. But at the beginning of the movie it said made by Dream Works & Aardman Studios. So they kinda goined together.

Dante:

Please don’t post if your just complaining or saying none useful info.
And I’d like to state that AARDMAN wrote+directed+and did all the other creative stuff in the movie. Dreamworks was there studio and other stuff like the producer. So basicaly what you said is that Aardman was copying the formula from Pixar…WTF? Aardman was the one who made all the stuff ready for the movie then they just needed a producer and a studio with equipment.

Dante:

And maybe you should read the first post more carefully before you start saying that dreamworks is cheap.

Saw the preview and it really looks bad. They’ve been pumping these damn low-quality 3D for quite some time since The Incredibles was the last good one.

Maybe I shouldn’t of posted this thread. Since I’m 13 it was quite a cool experience to see a pre-screening. Didn’t really care about what the movie was. I shouldn’t have posted here becuase all the rest of you guys are just plane jerks(Besides Cyborg Dragon) I thought it was cool, and I thought I would incurage you guys to go see it becuase it was WORTH WATCHING. Do those last words mean anything to you anyway? It dosn’t matter in the slightest on how good the 3D-quality is, it matters if it is entertaining,funny, and brilliantly made. If Valarking actually thinks that if a movie doesn’t have good quality video/audio, your freaking crazy. Some movies that have NO good quality SFX can really capture you and entertain you instead of some peace of crap that has really nice effetcs but nothing else. And I’m not saying that every movie that has nice FX is horoble. I’m saying that some movies don’t need effects to entertain you. If you think you won me over too, your wrong. Cuz I don’t give a sh*t what you think about a good movie.

Good Bye.

… what’s this community coming to?

now, skipping all the worthless junk posts:

master -noob:
hmm… I’ll have to go see it! I’m looking forward to it. I’ve been liking all their recent stuff, and it looks like another big step for them.

valar-king: Previews are the WORST way to judge movies.

master -noob: don’t be discouraged by your age, I’m only 16 yet I believe myself to be fairly achieved for only using blender a few years. I can model better than alot of older people, texture better than a lot of older people, animate better than a lot of older people, and code better than a lot of older people. And I’m sure you’ll be the same soon! Age means less than nothing… except to certain elitists who have only their age over us younger ones.

edit: just checked out your website… Cool! you’re stuff’s pretty good… I guess you’ve been at blender about as long as I have, I spoke too soon. for the record: I’ve never been to a pre-screening, and they probably havent either. Pretty neat that you got to go.

AHAHAHAHA. You’re 13 though, that explains it.

“plane jerks”
LAWL x infinity

And last I love how you make up my arguments for me and then rebute them hahaha
“If Valarking actually thinks that if a movie doesn’t have good quality video/audio, your freaking crazy. Some movies that have NO good quality SFX can really capture you and entertain you instead of some peace of crap that has really nice effetcs but nothing else. And I’m not saying that every movie that has nice FX is horoble. I’m saying that some movies don’t need effects to entertain you. If you think you won me over too, your wrong. Cuz I don’t give a sh*t what you think about a good movie.”

Remember, the interwebs are serious business…
http://vkgfx.com/misc/serious.jpg

Really though, chill out man, why should you care whether I think this movie looks like a steaming pile of shit?

Nevermind.

http://files.terrbear.org/files/orly.jpg

Valarking has once again succeeded in turning a thread into a runaway train.
Congrats, VK.
Be proud of yourself :sarcasm:

I lost interest in all the new 3d movies when shrek burnt every last bit of life out of my eyes…

toy story and final fantasy all the way baby!

Valarking, I have to send the smirking nun after you

? how is valarking to blame for the derailment of this thread ?

Dante seems to have a worse post than valarking and master-noob doesn’t seems to be able to grasp the fact that if he post his own opinions about a movie or somehing, there will be another opinions posted by somebody else no matter what. especially since this is a Blender3D community based on learning how to improve their skills at 3D application and invariably there will be criticism about most things based on 3D (like the movie) here.

Master-noob: I defidently understand your plight but you do need to learn how to let things go online even if you want a more serious discussion. I’ve gone through a somewhat similar thing with valarking and I have learned my lesson there (remember valarking? lol).

Ya agreed on all points. I didn’t derail this thread, I just gave an absurd reply to an absurd accusation.

BACK ON TRACK!!!

• I love Wallace and Gromit, and if they ever make a CG one, I’m going to have to change my opinion.
  • I agree about the low quality movies being churned out, it’s quite annoying.
  • Sorry, I just noticed the number bullets and had to try them, I’m kinda retarded I guess.

Agreeing with valarking- there’s so many crappy movies out there, and this doesn’t look much better…

Radscientist- Very mature post, thank you (damn, that thread was a wreck). Gotta agree with everything you said.

Thanks. I can only hope that master-noob learns how to let go and enjoy before he quit the community or something. I’ve almost did after that thread I posted but now After I did learn to do that (the letting go thing, i mean) The website in general got much more enjoyable since other’s opinions and stuffs didn’t bothers me as much (as long as they do try not to purposefully provoke others like me).