Preserving material detail from a distance?

Hi. I created a painted material with many surface imperfections. The mesh is not super close to the camera, but I would say is one of the closest things to the camera.

I wonder if there is a specific parameter to retain that detail in the final render. It looks pretty nice at the close, but when I hit f12, the surface seems a solid color with no details. I understand that distance is critical when doing this, but I wonder if Blender is optimizing speed and washing out the roughness.

I am working on a project for a client, therefore I will need some time to post the issue using a sphere.

Maybe you can provide some information till I get the image references.

Thank you

Check it in blender without denoise and see it the detail is kept.

Also you can make a quick test in a paint program, if you scale down the texture there to the size in the render and it cant keep the detail it is just not possible. Too much compressing of the data.

1 Like

What I did was crank the textures to be a bit more aggressive. Regarding the denoiser, I have a question: I can see It blurs out the sand shader I have. How does the parameter work? If I use 0.000001 will denoise “less” I would like to be less aggressive, so It does not erase my bumps.

Thank you

The noise threshold with lower values will keep rendering until the level of noise is reached.
Lower values will make the render sharper but increase rendertime.

1 Like