Pretty new need help

Hi, I was just turned on to Blender a week or so ago and cant get enough. I have recently been playing with the fluid sims and got it down. However, I can bake it and make it so its animated in the viewpoint and render a particular frame but cannot animate the rendered version. If that makes sense can somebody please give me some help in doing that? PLEASE??

Hi there. It’s addictive huh? Know just what you mean - the fluid sims really tickled me pink. Welcome aboard the Blender cruise ship…

Now then, if you press the f10 buton, it will cycle through 3 sets of buttons in the button window - this is shown with the set of three icons. Hit this button until the first of the three icons is shown.

You should be presented with a panel full of choices. If you hit the largest button, ANIM then it’ll do just what you want. Setting the Sta & End numbers changes the starting and ending frames of the rendered animation, also, the ending frame (only) of the fluid sim calculations.

There’s bound to be a wiki on this somewhere, or a video that somebody has put more effort into than I with this post. This is a page of some really good videos: Genome tutes
and here’s a whole Uni course on Blender. for FREE including all assignments and training videos (videos are great stuff): OpenCourseWare - Three-Dimensional Modeling, Animation and Rendering Using Blender 3D Software, Spring 2006 - Tufts University

S

Thank you! I got that done but all it did was make all the frames jpg’s. I cannot get Blender to output that in a mpg or something that will play continuously. Got a little more patience to help with that part??

eus090474,

After pressing F10, you should see a panel at the right “Format”. In the format panel, jpeg is selected by default. Click on the pull down, and you will see a choice of output formats including avi.

Best of Luck!

<Written content snipped>
hmm, seems OBI_Ron beat me to it :smiley:

I’ll just add this then:

Attachments

Thak you again! That should be the last of my noob questions.:smiley: