So, I’ve been working on this simple scene for the last couple weeks and recently I’ve started running into a problem. Whenever I try to apply the scale to an object so the UVs will be the correct proportions during unvrapping, that object when rendering will become heavily distorted and misshapen. It’s happening too often to be a bug, so I must be doing something unwittingly to trigger it.
For example, I started with a cube, then scaled it to make this box:
Then I’ll go into Object mode, Ctrl+A > Apply scale. But when I render an image Blender stretches it into this:
It’s happened with a bunch of modified primitives I’ve been using to put the scene together.