Prevent physics drift

old pc hdmi port is fried :frowning:
or the whole pc (goodbye alienware alpha you were a good lil pc)

I will remake tonight hopefully :smiley:

That would be awesome, this has been driving me crazy for quite a while now.

POC_Almost_Perfect_FakePhysics2.blend (753.8 KB)

edit - I unplugged the alienware power supply, plugged it back in and rebooted and it worked :smiley:

ok I did this a long time ago and it’s not done in a way that is easy to follow,
I will see if I can get time to rewrite it for readability…

I don’t have internet at home so I will have to wait until Monday to dive in. But hey, thanks so much. And I am pretty good at dissecting projects even if they are confusing. I do it at my job all the time. It doesn’t get much more confusing than picking up a legacy php project with comments in 5 different languages I don’t speak.

1 Like

This looks really promising, I’m excited to figure out what I was missing here. Thanks BPR.

After deconstructing this somewhat, this is not quite what I need to do. This system seems to work great for what it demonstrates, navigating micro-planets in a sidescroller format, but it broke down to instability for some pretty simple reasons while testing it on a flat rotating platform as per my goal. This does give me some new avenues to explore.

line 944 is my artificial friction code that compares the current and the last frame of transforms.