No more mess with binding cameras to markers when setting up cameras for a scene. Work in the 3D View, add the cameras to the VSE, and watch the cut-timings playback in the 3D Viewport!
- Rigged Car featured in the video is by Racoon Media(BlenderSwap)
- The music “Backbay Lounge” is by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License[/SUP]
Previz Camera Tools sets up the Video Editor to control the camera selection in the 3D View on frame updates. Which makes it possible to edit the clip timings on the same screen and at the same time as editing cameras and everything else in the 3D Viewport. The ambition is that people with no Blender knowledge should be able to make a mise-en-scene with this panel alone, so some native Blender functions have been moved into the panel.
Workflow Time Lapse:
Run the script
- Install it like any Blender add-on or run the script in the text-editor in Blender.
- Find the functions in the bottom of the right-hand-side menu of the 3D View.
- The button “Add Camera to Sequencer” will add a scene-strip in the Sequencer with the current camera starting from the current frame.
- The checkbox “Link Sequencer to 3D View” will link the frame number and switch cameras in the 3D View. So playing the sequencer will play the sequence in the 3D View and the camera work can be edited instantly.
- Cycle Cameras
- Rename Camera
- Walk Navigation
- Focus Length