Principled Hair BDSF

Drop the romantic shit talk. Some people are born for certains things and other arent. Passion doesn’t cut it. Life aint some dumb anime where you can overcome anything by simply believing it.

I have passion but that isn’t enoguh for anything. So shove that talk somewhere else.

Those who are “gifted” often start out as young kids, and its a lot easier to learn fundamentals as a kid. Which means they will have an easier time progressing as a teenager and adult because they layed a good foundation for themselves.

And the reason they did it as a kid in the first place is because they found a passion for it.
Everyone has a moment when it “clicks”, thats when you “understand” it. And things you understand quickly will naturally be more fun and motivating, especially at a young age. But this does not mean that they are simply “gifted”.

When i look back at what i made after using blender for 1 year im actually stunned by how good it is for the time i had spent. I dont think i’d ever make it that far in that amount of time on my own with (at the time) little to no good tutorials to my disposal.

I was a lot more passionate as a kid, therefore i managed to progress a lot faster. Now as an adult, i find it a lot more difficult to impress myself because i simply dont have enough time to do 3D anymore.

my-portofolio.webs.com if its still up, here it is. My first work ever, latest being 4 years ago.

You can see it boils over with incompetence, but im still proud of what i did back then.

Listen, I’m not interested in your romantic talk. I’m done with this and Blender for a while. Ain’t no pretty talk gonna change anything.

I stumbled upon this btw, from 4 years ago. Very simple, and decent looking. No mega advanced shaders or particles.

That’s interesting, I was trying the file left by the guy and with some adjustments made this:

I just think that with a proper model and more texturing it would look great.! :smile:

I’ll save this as a reference for the future.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m wondering: if I Import a model that has meshed hair strands from a different 3D editor, can I still use the Principled Hair shader for that, or does the Principled Hair shader only work on particle-generated hair in Blender?

Thanks.